CONNECTING. ON A NEW WAVELENGTH.
OUR TRAINEE PROGRAMME: THE GLOBAL LEADER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME.
Data driven, analytical and energised by innovative technological trends – our trainees are passionate about transforming mobility. GLDP is the place to be for dynamic junior professionals and recent graduates from all disciplines – from finance and IT all the way to engineering and production. If you are aiming high and striving for a leading position at the BMW Group, you are in good company. So if you share our passion for future mobility solutions and would welcome the opportunity to take on new responsibilities, GLDP will open doors for you. All you have to do is walk through them.
PROGRAMME CONTENT IN DETAIL.
LOCAL ASSIGNMENTS AND WORKING ABROAD.
The programme consists of four assignments in various departments. Two assignments take place in the respective home country and two abroad. You gain insights into business processes, strategy, culture, and our brands from both a local and global perspective.
Establishing an excellent international network, as well as working on strategic and operational projects in three different countries provides a solid basis for a successful international career at the BMW Group.
As a GLDP participant you will have an experienced manager who acts as your personal mentor and supports your personal and professional development.
PRODUCTION AND SHORT-TERM PLACEMENTS.
Broaden your horizon and get to know the BMW Group in total: During short-term placements, you gain insights into production and sales or customer service to learn more about processes and understand our customers.
JOINT TEAM PROJECTS.
You will join dynamic teams to tackle exciting and varied projects – during your assignments but also in joint team projects with other trainees around the world.
COURSES AT THE BMW GROUP TRAINING ACADEMY.
Discover your strengths and develop further – based on your individual goals. Our BMW Group Training Academy supports you with that.
THE PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE.
Your way into the programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with excellent grades (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least six months of relevant work experience (e.g. internships, training, initial professional experience)
- A maximum of two to three years’ professional working experience
- At least four months of relevant experience abroad (e.g. studies, practical experience, work & travel)
- Extracurricular involvement (e.g. initial leadership experience in a university, community, or work setting, engagement in a student project, political or charity organization)
- Fluency in German and English (additional languages would be advantageous).
- A sharp intellect
- Passion for the mobility of the future
- Initiative, personal accountability, willingness to change, team spirit, and self-reflection
- Readiness for an international career
GET ON BOARD SOON! THE NEXT PROGRAMME STARTS IN APRIL 2022 AND WE TAKE APPLICATIONS FROM 01 OCTOBER 2021.
- With our next recruiting round, we offer trainee positions in the following fields:
- IT, Autonomous Driving and Artificial Intelligence
- E-mobility and Innovative Powertrain
- Smart Production, Logistics and Industry 4.0
- It is worth being quick! An early application increases your chances, as you can only apply as long as there are still free positions available.
- Finish the e-assessment within three days after application. Directly after completing your application, you will receive the invitation to the test by email. Please also check your spam folder regularly.
- Your test results as well as your profile and competences will be evaluated carefully by our recruiting team.
- If you make it to the next round, you will be invited to a video interview by e-mail. Please also check your spam folder regularly. Finish the interview within seven days.
- The online assessment centre will take place in November. Further information will be communicated at a later point in the application process.
Explore our (*) current vacancy.
We found (*) current vacancy based on your filters.
Explore our (*) current vacancies.
We found (*) current vacancies based on your filters.
Currently no job available?
If you would like to be notified when new information regarding our Global Leader Development Programme is released, please use our reminder service. We will send you an email automatically as soon as new trainee positions are available.
WHAT OUR TRAINEES SAY.
With the various programme modules here and abroad, I have the chance to see and learn many things.
For me, my current placement is one of the coolest within the BMW Group in general. We're a super dynamic team with really motivated people working on topics like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Trainee Big Data
I worked as a trainee in Electric Powertrain Development. My highlight during the programme definitely was being part of the development of the BMW iX.
Trainee Electric Powertrain Development