CONNECTING. ON A NEW WAVELENGTH.
OUR TRAINEE PROGRAMME: THE GLOBAL LEADER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME.
Data based, solution-oriented and energised by innovative technological trends – our trainees are passionate about transforming mobility. GLDP is the place to be for dynamic junior professionals and recent graduates from all disciplines – from finance and IT all the way to engineering and production. If you are aiming high and striving for a key position at the BMW Group, you are in good company. So, if you share our passion for future mobility solutions and would welcome the opportunity to take on new responsibilities, GLDP will open doors for you. All you have to do is walk through them.
PROGRAMME CONTENT IN DETAIL.
The programme consists of four assignments in various departments. Two assignments take place in the respective home country and two abroad. You gain insights into business processes, strategy, culture, and our brands from both a local and global perspective.
Establishing an excellent international network, as well as working on strategic and operational projects in three different countries provides a solid basis for a successful international career at the BMW Group.
As a GLDP participant you will have an experienced manager who acts as your personal mentor and supports your personal and professional development.
Broaden your horizon and get to know the BMW Group in total: During short-term placements, you gain insights into production and sales or customer service to learn more about processes and understand our customers.
JOINT TEAM PROJECTS.
You will join dynamic teams to tackle exciting and varied projects – during your assignments but also in joint team projects with other trainees around the world.
TRAINING & COURSES.
Discover your strengths and develop further – based on your individual goals. Our BMW Group Training Academy supports you with that.
THE PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE.
Your way into the programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline with excellent grades (Master’s degree preferred)
- At least six months of relevant work experience (e.g., internships, training, initial professional experience)
- A maximum of two to three years’ professional working experience
- At least four months of relevant experience abroad (e.g., studies, practical experience, work & travel)
- Extracurricular involvement (e.g., initial key role experience in a university, community, or work setting, engagement in a student project, political or charity organisation)
- You are fluent in German and English (additional languages would be advantageous)
- You approach problems and demanding projects with a sharp mind
- You are passionate about the mobility of the future
- You show Initiative, personal accountability, willingness to change, team spirit, and self-reflection
- You are striving for an international career
GET ON BOARD SOON! THE NEXT PROGRAMME STARTS IN OCTOBER 2022 AND WE TAKE APPLICATIONS FROM 19 APRIL 2022.
With our next recruiting round, we offer trainee positions in the following fields:
- Production & Logistics
- It is worth being quick! An early application increases your chances, as you can only apply as long as there are still free positions available.
- Finish the e-assessment within three days after application. Directly after completing your application, you will receive the invitation to the test by email. Please also check your spam folder regularly.
- Your test results as well as your profile and competences will be evaluated carefully by our recruiting team.
- If you make it to the next round, you will be invited to a video interview by e-mail. Please also check your spam folder regularly. Finish the interview within seven days.
- The online assessment centre will take place in June. Further information will be communicated at a later point in the application process.
Currently no job available?
If you would like to be notified when new information regarding our Global Leader Development Programme is released, please use our reminder service. We will send you an email automatically as soon as new trainee positions are available.
OUR APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS.
It is very important to us to make the selection process as simple and fast as possible for our applicants. Therefore, we inform all applicants immediately about the status as soon as the application has been reviewed. However, due to the large number of positions and applications, it can sometimes take a while before the first response is received. Details on deadlines and time frames can be found in the application process chart on this website.
Our decision is based on a comprehensive and objective consideration of all factors. The online test, together with your grades and other application documents, is part of our pre-selection process. On this basis, we decide in a first step who could be considered for our positions with their skills and qualifications. If you for example have less experience abroad but therefore more practical experience or very good grades, we would still be happy to receive your application as we assess all qualifications in total and rate them against one another. Please note that we cannot consider your application in the further selection process without the online test.
Our programmes are managed centrally from Munich. Events such as semester workshops and seminars also take place there. Nevertheless, we encourage our participants to complete practical assignments at our other locations (Leipzig, Berlin, Eisenach, Regensburg, Dingolfing, Landshut). These are planned in consultation with the mentors and in consideration of the respective interests of our programme participants. During the trainee programme, two out of four practical assignments will also take place abroad.
WHAT OUR TRAINEES SAY.
With the various programme modules here and abroad, I have the chance to see and learn many things.
For me, my current placement is one of the coolest within the BMW Group in general. We're a super dynamic team with really motivated people working on topics like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
Trainee Big Data
I worked as a trainee in Electric Powertrain Development. My highlight during the programme definitely was being part of the development of the BMW iX.
Trainee Electric Powertrain Development