Our selection process.
Our selection process should enable all parties to make an informed decision. It should not only allow us to find out whether an applicant is right for us, but also allow the applicant to see whether they can imagine working with us in a specific role.
Depending on the applicant’s entry level and desired occupation, we’ll use a variety of selection criteria and selection tools to assess each candidate.
At the start of each selection process we will consider the job requirements of the specific position. From these we’ll develop our selection criteria, and decide how to best measure these criteria in order to reach a decision.
Depending on the position, we work with an individual set of criteria in the pre-selection and final selection. In the end, it’s the candidate's overall impression that counts - this depends on how well the knowledge, characteristics and abilities of the candidate fit our defined requirements. Age, gender or cultural background have absolutely no influence on our selection decision. All applicants are welcome.
However, a few basic requirements play a role in the applicant pre-selection:
- The grades achieved at school and university influence who we pre-select to a certain extent, but they are not the only factor.
- Relevant work experience, e.g. from prior employment, internships, etc. is highly relevant. Here it is important to enclose any corresponding proof of employment.
- Very good knowledge of the languages German and English are required for most positions. Depending on the nature of the position, additional language skills may be required.
- Experience abroad is advantageous, and may even be mandatory for certain jobs of an international nature.
- We will not consider incomplete or incorrect applications. All documents required in the job advertisement must be included. We will also exclude any applications where false information has deliberately been stated e.g. untruthful indication of better grades.
APPLICATION TIPS FOR STUDENTS.
Show us with your application who you are and what makes you special. Make sure your CV is complete and feel free to add also extraordinary hobbies. E.g. if you want to apply for a marketing position and you love taking pictures in your private life, it is definitely worth mentioning this in your application.
Please note that all currently vacant positions are published in our Job Finder. The "Apply" button takes you directly to your personal candidate profile, with which you can apply online for the respective position.
Besides the usual documents, by all means please add the following attachments to your online application:
- Certificate of completion or current transcript of records
- Enrolment certificate
- Web link to examination regulations of your course of study (when applying for a pre-study or specialised internship)
- If necessary, valid residence and work permit
Our rule of thumb: Please apply approximately four months prior to the start of the respective position. However, every now and then, there are positions available at short notice – so it’s worth stopping by!
APPLICATION TIPS FOR GRADUATES.
It is important for us to really get to know you and to find out whether your skills and experience fit to the respective position and our team. So show us with your application who you really are and what makes you special. Please make sure your CV is complete and feel free to also add some extraordinary hobbies. If, for example, you also enjoy programming privately and apply for a software development position, it is worth mentioning this in your application.
Please note that all currently vacant positions are published in our Job Finder. The "Apply" button takes you directly to our Job Assistant, where you can apply online for the respective position.
Below you can find out what the Job Assistant actually is and what functions it offers.
"Try not to use phrases like “results-driven”, “strategic thinker” and “team player” in your application – they're really vague and overused! Instead, be specific and give examples of your past work to show how you’ll bring value to the team."
"Sometimes I am asked if it’s possible to apply for several jobs. Of course it is! Each application will be checked separately. Another hint: Set up a job alert on our career page. It keeps you up to date on new jobs postings. Good luck!"
Head of Personal Services Leipzig
"You need a USP – a reason why we should choose you and not others. Something special that defines you!"
Jobs for students and graduates.
Are you still in the middle of your studies or do already have your qualification in the bag?
Whether an internship, working student or direct entry – discover your numerous options.