Performance is rewarded at the BMW Group. We offer our employees performance-related pay that far exceeds legal and collectively agreed requirements. In addition to holiday pay there are special allowances (a Christmas bonus above the general pay scale) and the opportunity for employees to participate in the company's success through profit-sharing, which - provided targets have been met of course - is paid out once a year.
Saving for retirement is becoming more and more important particularly for the younger generation. The BMW Group offers all employees an attractive occupational pension, funded by the company. We also offer employees the option of additional capital formation through preference shares and PVK (Persönliches Vorsorge Kapital, personal pension fund), which is only available to BMW Group employees and allows them to build up a personal pension fund with added tax advantages.
We actively support you in qualifying for roles at a higher level and for international assignments. For this reason, you will have regular meetings with your superiors to discuss your career objectives and appropriate development measures. Our HR and training departments offer:
- Vocational training up to management qualifications
- Professional development programmes, e. g. project management or an MBA (Master of Business Administration) qualification
- Personal development training, e. g. moderation and working techniques
- Intercultural programmes that go far beyond language training courses
Striking a healthy balance between work and personal life is important to us. It keeps us healthy, happy, motivated and productive in the long term. We support our employees in this aim: through flexible working time models, with care obligations towards dependants, assistance with child care and provision of services and facilities promoting fitness and health.
Our working time models vary depending on job, length of service and location. We give special priority to the needs of employees who wish to devote more time to the family on a temporary basis and also to employees with care obligations towards dependants. Far beyond the legal requirements we offer the possibility of working flexibly, for example:
- Flexible full-time models: the options for full-time employees range from flexitime days through non-working shifts and sabbaticals of between one and six months to the "Full-Time Select" scheme. This scheme offers full-time employees of the BMW Group the possibility of taking up to 20 additional days' holiday each year with corresponding reductions in pay, provided certain conditions are met.
- Part-time models including the individual planning of child care periods
- Mobile working: it allows more flexible working in terms of location and time. You could put in a few hours of work at home in the morning, go to a doctor’s appointment and after that go into the office. Or you could get some exercise in the afternoon after a morning in the office, be there for your family and then take part in a conference call with colleagues from a different time zone in the evening from home: it is all possible, in consultation with your manager, at the German locations of the BMW Group.
We help employees in Germany find suitable childcare, such as crèches, nurseries, nannies or au pairs. We also offer a number of day-care places through parent initiatives and local facilities we work with – and, since autumn 2013, a further 220 spots at our own BMW day-care facility in Munich. Employees with relatives in need of care can also receive counselling and assistance.
Besides our own company health insurance, the BMW BKK, with very good conditions and exceptional benefits (e.g. osteopathy, professional dental hygiene) we have our own company healthcare service, that offers:
- Preventative measures, e. g. breast cancer screening or bowel cancer prevention campaigns in cooperation with BMW health insurance
- Information on healthy eating, e. g. our canteens always provide details about the quality of dishes
- Information on how to manage stress
- Health training, e. g. a cardiac sports group
In view of our older, experienced staff, we have launched the project "Today for Tomorrow". This is unique in the automotive industry and looks into demographic changes in everyday production processes. One of its aims is to examine age-related adaptations to the workplace.
Furthermore we offer fitness clubs at many locations, that include:
- Fitness, wellness and rehabilitation in a relaxed atmosphere
- Health-oriented training equipment
- Varied course programmes (including yoga)
- Special back exercises and relaxation programme
We support several employee initiatives. These include:
- Sporting activities (dancing, tennis, sailing, football, bowling, cycling, squash, golf and many more)
- Cultural offers (male-voice choir, chamber orchestra, Parforce horn-blowers and more)
- Special hobbies (amateur radio operators, aero sports, model railway, Dixie drivers and others)
Furthermore, employees and their families can visit many BMW-sponsored events in Munich at a reduced rate or even free of charge. In the booklet "Kulturmobile", which is published quarterly, we provide information about our cultural commitment.
Temporary positions abroad. A global exchange of skilled workers and executive managers is common practice at the BMW Group. We support any employee who wishes to broaden his/her professional horizons abroad. You can count on our support and experience in planning and organising your international assignment. And we also make provisions for your re-integration: we stay in touch from Germany and make the necessary arrangements for your return.
It is also possible to apply for a permanent position abroad. Research and development is primarily located in Germany. Other functions, such as production, sales and marketing - to name just the most important - also have a presence abroad and offer positions there. As our foreign plants, sales companies and associated companies are separate entities, with their own HR policies, please apply directly to the site in question. Information can be found on the home pages of the various locations.