Study Electrical Engineering and Information Technology (B. Eng.).
with apprenticeship Electronics Engineer for Automation Technology.
Tinkering is more than a hobby for you and technology is your passion? And you want to stand on your own legs? Then this dual curriculum is just right for you! During your apprenticeship, you will work on our state-of-the-art production facilities and learn to recognise, correct or prevent problems. During your studies, you deepen your knowledge, including in the areas of automation technology, communication technology and technical computer science. After just 4.5 years you will have both your training and the engineering title in your pocket.
What you will learn with us.
- Basic knowledge in all areas of high-tech production such as electrics, electronics, drive and control technology, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Assembly, configuration, programming and adjustment of sensor and operating systems
- Setup, inspection, maintenance and repair of the most modern machines and plants
- Execution of error analyses and systematic problem solving
- Theoretical knowledge in exciting lectures of the course such as microelectronics, sustainable product development and electronic switching
What awaits you after the dual degree course.
- Unlimited direct entry with above-tariff conditions
- Entry into tasks such as development and testing of advanced control electronics, setting up complex, computer-controlled production systems or further development in smart production and predictive maintenance
- Multifaceted and exciting tasks in diverse teams
- Diverse further training opportunities in project and management positions
What you should bring along.
- Interest in high-tech and electronics
- Enthusiasm for logical connections
- Enjoy systematically analysing and solving problems
- Communication talent
- Openness towards new things
- Enjoy maths, physics and English
- Fluent in German (B2 level)
- University entrance qualification
What you can look forward to.
- Very good training remuneration incl. Christmas bonus and holiday pay
- Flexible working hours and leisure time
- Different and exciting tasks
- A great atmosphere and a great team
- Personal support
- Development opportunities
- Attractive vehicle rental
- Subsidised residential facilities (only in Munich)
- Housing subsidy for dual students (depending on the location of the university)
- Subsidy for meals and travel expenses
- Benefits and employee discounts
- Company restaurants and cafeterias*
- Fitness and leisure opportunities*
*Offer may vary at the individual locations and in our dealerships
Duration of training and studies.
Training and study process.
The right application.
To apply for a dual curriculum at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can also be found there.