Technical model builder (f/m/x) – bodyshells.
Your future career.
You are a technical model builder for bodyshells who creates the models upon which our premium vehicle parts are based. You combine your passion for technology and teamwork with design and handwork skills every day to find the ideal shape and form for new vehicle components from engine blocks to alloy wheels.
What you will learn with us.
- Your apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know about form studies and working with wood, synthetic materials and metal to create the perfect model prototypes for real vehicle parts.
- With the guidance of our expert trainers you will learn how to use a variety of specialist tools to produce models by hand as well as with the aid of computerised milling machines.
- You will also learn how to read CAD drawings, technical sketches and how to prepare workshop drawings with all essential construction references.
What you can expect afterwards.
- As a qualified technical model builder for bodyshells you will be able to pursue an exciting career with us in areas like development, foundry model making, tool engineering or styling.
- You could also take your training further to become a mould designer, master craftsman or technician.
What you should bring along.
- A passion for technology
- A talent for working with your hands
- The desire to work with metal, wood and synthetic materials
- Creativity and pleasure in drawing
- Interest in maths and geometry
- A school-leaving certificate or an intermediate school-leaving certificate
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration.
The right application.
To apply for an apprenticeship at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can be found on the webpage of the location where you would like to start your apprenticeship (see below).