Plant firefighter (f/m/x).
Your future career.
You are a plant firefighter who ensures the safety of our employees and who protects the environment. You were not born a hero but you have become one. It’s your commitment to fire safety and expert maintenance of our firefighting equipment and fire engines that minimises the risks of danger to everyone who works or visits our plants. And in the event of an emergency, it’s your heroism, firefighting skills and medical expertise that can quite literally save the day.
What you will learn with us.
- Your apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know to prepare for this demanding lifesaving career in two 18-month phases.
- The first phase of your apprenticeship covers intense craftsman training, while the second teaches you the essential firefighting, rescue techniques and emergency medical skills you need to cope in disaster situations.
- Naturally, your apprenticeship training conforms to the very highest standards of quality that a career like this requires.
What you can expect afterwards.
- As a qualified plant firefighter you will be able to pursue a rewarding career with us at any of our plants. There, you will have the opportunity to specialise in a number of exciting areas from fire safety to fire brigade equipment technology or health and environmental protection to technical aid.
- You could also choose to take your training further to become a plant fire brigade technician or study for a major in safety technology at a university of applied sciences with our support.
What you should bring along.
- Excellent health and physical fitness*
- Initiative and the ability to work independently
- A talent for working with your hands
- A passion for technology
- A school-leaving certificate or an intermediate school-leaving certificate
*In this apprenticeship you’ll become qualified as a medical technician, which includes completing a driving license, so you’ll need to be at least 16.5 years old when starting the apprenticeship.
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
- An apprenticeship qualification with one of the world’s leading car manufacturers
Your apprenticeship duration..
Since there is no apprenticeship as a plant fire fighter (f/m) in Dingolfing, this apprenticeship takes place at the BMW Group plant in Munich. However the resulting job placement can take place at the BMW Group plant in Munich or at the BMW Group plant in Dingolfing.
The right application.
To apply for an apprenticeship at the BMW Group, please complete the following steps. Information on the application period can be found on the webpage of the location where you would like to start your apprenticeship (see below).