Industrial mechanic (f/m/x).
Your future career.
You are an industrial mechanic who ensures that the high-tech production of a new BMW never stands still. You are the undisputed expert when it comes to maintaining and controlling our state-of-the-art plants – and the first person everyone turns to when there is a production glitch that needs resolving.
What you will learn with us.
- Your apprenticeship will teach you everything you need to know in order to master the diverse challenges associated with controlling and maintaining a high-tech production plant.
- Under the guidance of our expert trainers you will learn all about modern control techniques, pneumatics, hydraulics, electronic and CNC technologies, as well as how to monitor working procedures, identify technical defects and remedy them.
- By the end of your apprenticeship, you will be fully equipped to set-up, operate, monitor and maintain all aspects of an ultra-modern production plant.
What you can expect afterwards.
- As a qualified industrial mechanic your skills will always be in demand with us in our state-of-the-art production plants.
- Here, you will have the opportunity to work both independently and with other production specialists to take on the dynamic challenge of keeping our plants running smoothly.
- Should you wish, you could also take your training further in a specialist field to become a production expert, master craftsman or technician – or study further with our support.
What you should bring along.
- A passion for high-tech machines and plants
- Pleasure in working with precision
- Interest in maths, physics and English
- Enjoyment in exchanging ideas and information with other specialists
- A school-leaving certificate or an intermediate school-leaving certificate (Plant Leipzig: intermediate school-leaving certificate)
What you can look forward to.
- Very good apprenticeship pay
- Security and excellent social benefits
- Flexible working hours and free-time compensation
- Various, exciting tasks
- A great working atmosphere and super team
- Expert personal support
- Numerous options for further development during and after your apprenticeship
Your apprenticeship duration.
After your apprenticeship at the BMW Group plant in Leipzig you can either continue working there or start your resulting job placement at the BMW Group plant in Eisenach.
Dual vocational apprenticeship with a university entrance qualification.
This career is also offered as a part of the programme "Dual vocational apprenticeship with a university entrance qualification" in Saxony (DuBAS).
As part of the DuBAS programme this career is offered at our Leipzig site and the permanent employment after the successful completion of the training takes also place at our Leipzig site.Learn more Learn more