California Privacy Rights For Job Applicants.
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
A. Collection of Information
BMW collects or may collect the following personal information from and about you:
- Personal Identifiers, such as name, nickname, address, email address, telephone number, Social Security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, or passport information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as internet protocol address, operating system, session ID, and information about your device;
- Protected classifications, such as gender, military status, age (over 40), or marital status;
- Internet browsing information, such as browser type and language, referring and exit pages, click or touch stream data, movement, scroll, and in some cases, keystroke activity;
- Geolocation data, such as location data collected in connection with your use of our websites or apps;
- Professional or employment information, such as your occupation or role;
- Education information such as information you submit in your job applications, transcripts, or resumes; and
- Inferences such as those drawn from professional or employment-related information.
Please note that BMW does not collect biometric, commercial, or audio recording information about you when you apply for a job.
B. Purposes of Collection of Information:
We collect and use personal information for business purposes. These purposes may include auditing; detecting security incidents; protecting against or prosecuting deceptive or illegal activity; debugging; short-term, transient use; performing services on behalf of BMW FS; undertaking internal research; and improving our services.
Additionally, the purposes for which these categories of personal information are used include the following:
- Personal Identifiers are collected and used to respond to questions, requests, and emails, and process your job application;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information is collected and used to remember your preferences and interactions, conduct website analysis, develop our website, respond to questions, and for security purposes;
- Protected classification information is collected and used as required by law;
- Internet browsing information is collected and used to conduct website analysis and develop our website;
- Geolocation data are collected and used to conduct website analysis, development, and provision of services;
- Professional or employment information is collected and used to process job applications and offers or denials of employment;
- Education information is collected and used for processing your job application and offers or denials of employment; and
- Inferences are collected and used to process job applications and offers or denials of employment.
We also collect and use personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
C. Sources of Information
The categories of sources of personal information BMW may collect include information collected from you; your use of our websites or apps; your application, resumes, transcripts, references, or recruiters; and publicly available databases, government databases, consumer reporting agencies, or other service providers.
D. Sharing of Information
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. However, we share your personal information with our service providers for the purposes described in this policy.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the event BMW is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale or transfer of all or part of its assets.
BMW may be required to share your personal information with law enforcement, regulatory agencies, or litigants based on enforceable requests for this information.
BMW may revise this policy from time to time as permitted by law. BMW may provide you the revised policy on this website, a website that replaces this website, in person, via email, or using other methods.