BMW UK Group of Companies.
We take the privacy of your personal data very seriously and will only use your personal data in accordance with the current data protection law in the UK.
BMW Group UK appreciates your interest in working with us. By creating a candidate profile or submitting a specific application, you provide us with personal data about you. We are aware that this requires trust, and it is our aim as a premium group of companies to meet the high expectations you place on us.
Below you find the basic information about how we process your personal data for recruitment purposes.
Swindon Pressings Ltd
BMW (UK) Manufacturing Ltd
BMW Hams Hall Motoren GmbH
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Ltd
BMW (UK) Ltd
Alphabet (GB) Ltd
BMW Financial Services (GB) Ltd
BMW Automotive (Ireland) Ltd
BMW Financial Services (Ireland) DAC
Park Lane Ltd
BMW (UK) Pension Services Ltd
BMW (UK) Holdings Ltd
Data Controllers and our responsibilities.
BMW UK Central Recruitment Department is responsible for providing the content of the BMW UK recruitment page. The responsible data controller is the BMW Group legal entity specified in the respective job posting.
Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft (BMW AG) is in addition the Data Controller for information received through the use of the international BMW recruitment page.
Responsible parties for processing your data.
The applicant tracking system that you will reach after you click on ‘apply’ is run on behalf of other companies belonging to the BMW Group, under the responsibility of:
BMW AG acts as a Data Processor as it is responsible for the technical maintenance of the page.
Changes to this Policy.
Use of your personal data.
Any personal data including all data in attachments you load into the system (collectively referred to hereinafter as “personal data”) is collected, stored, processed and used by BMW UK Recruitment Department, BMW AG and the responsible BMW Group legal entity exclusively for the purpose of handling your application i.e. for recruitment, staffing and employment purposes. You will only be asked to provide special categories of personal data (sensitive data) if this is required by law in the country in which you are applying for a position.
How do we collect your personal data?
- If you contact us directly, normally via our recruitment website;
- From other third parties such as recruitment agencies who may lawfully pass to us information about you;
- If you provide us your personal data during an event where you specified the request to use your personal data for recruitment purposes;
What may be collected about you?
The following types of personal data about you may be collected:
- Personal e-mail address
- Phone number(s)
- Educational Background
- Membership of Professional Body
- Work Experience
- Reference details
Website and Communication Usage
How your personal data may be used.
We will use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide or manage your application;
- To help us identify you when you contact us;
- For general administration purposes;
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services.
We may share your information for any of the above purposes with:
- Our other BMW UK legal entities (as specified in ‘Scope’) and abroad (only if you specify so in your online application).
We do not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- When we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes;
- When we are progressing existing or future legal proceedings;
- When we are preventing fraud/loss, for example when we may transfer your data to Fraud Prevention Agencies.
If one of these organisations is outside of the European Economic Area we will make sure they agree to apply the same level of protection of your information as we are required to apply in the UK.
How do we keep your personal data safe?
Only the relevant persons required to fill open positions within the BMW UK Group of Companies have access to your stored data.
To ensure proper operation of the system, selected employees of BMW AG in Germany have access to the data. In addition, selected employees of subcontractors of BMW Group have access to the data in order to fulfil their administrative and support duties.
You have the possibility to select the BMW Group legal entities you want to share your personal data with. Irrespective of this, BMW AG system administrators as the responsible party for this electronic job application site will always have access to your personal data.
Your data is protected against unauthorised access, manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorised disclosure through adequate security measures, in particular by way of encrypted transmission and storage, a role and authorisation concept, a data backup concept and physical security measures for the servers.
Location of data storage.
The data will be stored in encrypted form in a data center located in the European Union (Frankfurt, Germany).
Data retention and deletion.
You can view your personal data at any time in this job application site. You can also view your personal data in order to rectify any incorrect data. In addition, you have the right to have any personal data deleted (by deactivation of your profile). You will find the deactivate button in your account details. (Note: Where country-specific legal retention periods apply, the data or documents are exempt from deletion for a defined country-specific period.)
Different retention periods for positions within other countries can be looked up in the country specific additions. In the event of future legal obligations requiring changed retention periods, they will be adapted without prior notice. If you do not delete your general data (candidate profile), this data remains stored for up to twelve (12) months and is deleted afterwards. The data protection period begins anew with each update of your profile or with each application you make.
Due to the nature of the internet and of computer systems, BMW Group does not accept any liability for the availability of the BMW Group career page, this job application site and the online recruiting system.
Your rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction.
You are responsible for ensuring that the personal data you provide is truthful, correct, non-ambiguous and up-to-date. You have access to your own data and are able to update and rectify them, if necessary.
In respect of Personal Data held by the BMW UK Recruitment Department, you have the following rights:
- To be informed about the processing of your Personal Data;
- To access Personal Data and information about how it is processed (commonly known as a "data subject access request") free of charge;
- To have Personal data corrected if it is incomplete or inaccurate;
- To have Personal Data erased (right to be forgotten) where there is no valid reason for continuing to process it;
- To request Personal Data to be deleted or removed where you have a legal right to object to processing;
- To request restriction of processing of Personal Data;
- To request not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling;
- To move, copy or transfer personal data to another party (Data Portability).
For the purpose of fulfillment of any of your rights stated above and for any other queries related to this policy, please contact:
BMW UK Recruitment department:
0845 8466 003