The plant in San Luis Potosí started production of the new generation of BMW 3 series in 2019. The plant’s solid infrastructure is currently nurtured by a qualified workforce of 3,500 employs , as well as a broad supplier network. The BMW Group Plant San Luis Potosí is a full plant, featuring: body shop, paint shop, assembly, logistics facilities, waste water treatment, training center & learning factory and testing track. All of these areas are characterized by an innovative production system with state-of-the-art sustainability standards.
BMW GROUP IN SAN LUIS POTOSÍ.
SAN LUIS POTOSÍ TO BUILD NEUE KLASSE.
Our plant is on the way to became fully electric by integrating the new architecture of electric vehicles "Neue Klasse" in our production line as of 2027.
Did you know?
- Ever since its conception, the BMW Group Plant San Luis Potosí has assured its facilities to be top-of-the-line in terms of quality and innovation.
- In December 2014, site preparation for the 300 ha large area began and the first employees were hired.
- In September 2015, the temporary Training Center opened its doors to support the employees learning and host the first generation of 25 mechatronics students who joined the two-year Apprentice Programme.
- In June 2016, a groundbreaking ceremony took place, marking the start of the construction phase.
- In September 2016, a second group of apprentices started its vocational training.
- In May 2017, the BMW Group signed a collaboration agreement with the Autonomous University of San Luis Potosi, while in the same year the first dual-program students graduated from their degree.
- In November 2017, the Training Center opened its doors, preparing even more employees for their tasks at BMW San Luis Potosi.
- In April 2019, pre-opening productions started of the BMW 3-series.
- In June 2019, the plant opened its doors officially after a great inauguration ceremony including representatives of the Mexican government and BMW Chairman.
- On September 2021, we launched the production of the BMW series 2 Coupe.
- On December 2022, we starter the BMW M2 production and we became the fourth M Plant in the BMW production network
- February 2023, We have announced an investment of 800 mio euros and the creation of 1,000 new jobs in our Plant in San Luis Potosí to integrate the new architecture of electric vehicles "Neue Klasse" in our production line as of 2027.
Where we work.
LIFE IN SAN LUIS POTOSÍ.
San Luis Potosí features unique sights and outstanding progress. From colonial landscapes to modern commodities, the city offers an extraordinary combination of a quiet, yet urban, lifestyle. Its central location allows residents as well as tourists to travel easily among other fascinating destinations, which promotes a variety of adventures through different ecosystems. San Luis Potosí is one of the most important states in the north central region of Mexico, as it is rapidly becoming the house of multinational companies that are settling in the city named the same as the region. This, however, doesn’t interfere with its rich culture and vivid scenery, since the population chose to retain its vast heritage and merge it with its current internationalization. In recent years, San Luis Potosí has experienced a boom in construction and economic growth, and is now home to important production facilities, mainly in the automotive industry. Due to its location, pleasant weather, political stability and ranking as the third best place to live in Mexico, more companies are considering investing and developing a presence here.
Overall, San Luis Potosí is a city with lots to offer. In any given day you may find yourself drinking a cup of coffee at the historic center then head to work, and finish dining in one of its many restaurants, enjoying some of the best local cuisine.