Here you can find helpful tips for a successful application.
You can send us an application for one or several vacancies, or simply create a candidate profile in the system.
You can view all open positions here by clicking on the Job Finder in the navigation bar. The ‘apply now’ button at the end of each job description takes you into the application process in the recruiting system. If you can’t find any suitable vacancies in your preferred location via the Job Finder, you can use our interactive world map to visit the country-specific career pages that interest you to explore further opportunities and apply directly to our local HR teams.
If you can’t find a suitable position, you can send a speculative application by creating a candidate profile in our system or sending an email. If we match your profile to a suitable role, we will notify you regarding further steps in the application process. However, we encourage you to regularly review our job vacancies to discover new opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Steps after a completed submission.
After you have submitted your application a member of the BMW Group Recruiting Team will review your documents. Our recruiters will look through all submitted applications and should yours be of interest, we will invite you to an interview.
Depending on the entry level of the applicant and the occupation they are interested in, we use various selection criteria and selection tools with which we assess candidates.
Our selection process.
Our selection process should enable all parties to make an informed decision. It should not only allow us to find out whether an applicant is right for us, but also allow the applicant to see whether they can imagine working with us in a specific role.
Depending on the applicant’s entry level and desired occupation, we’ll use a variety of selection criteria and selection tools to assess each candidate.
At the start of each selection process we will consider the job requirements of the specific position. From these we’ll develop our selection criteria, and decide how to best measure these criteria in order to reach a decision.
Depending on the position, we work with an individual set of criteria in the pre-selection and final selection. In the end, it’s the candidate’s overall impression that counts – this depends on how well the knowledge, characteristics and abilities of the candidate fit our defined requirements. Age, gender or cultural background have absolutely no influence on our selection decision. All applicants are welcome.
However, a few basic requirements play a role in the applicant pre-selection:
- The grades achieved at school and university influence who we pre-select to a certain extent, but they are not the only factor.
- Relevant work experience, e.g. from prior employment, internships, etc. is highly relevant. Here it is important to enclose any corresponding proof of employment.
- Very good knowledge of the languages German and English are required for most positions. Depending on the nature of the position, additional language skills may be required.
- Experience abroad is advantageous, and may even be mandatory for certain jobs of an international nature.
- We will not consider incomplete or incorrect applications. All documents required in the job advertisement must be included. We will also exclude any applications where false information has deliberately been stated e.g. untruthful indication of better grades.