Senior Software & Data Engineer - Enabling Autonomous Driving Development (f/m/x)
AUTONOMOUS DRIVING IS BUILT ON FREE THINKING.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
Revolutionising the future of mobility means setting standards today. Our vehicles already use intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort. Increasing our lead in autonomous driving requires visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams in centres of excellence networked around the world to redefine the limits of what is possible.
We are developing applications which are deployed on a big data cluster to grant a large number of vehicle function developers access to the BMW car fleet data. Our applications range from simple yet large-scale ETL (Extract – Transform – Load) pipelines to fully featured web services with user facing frontends. As such, they are a vital part of many developer workflows and pipelines for in-vehicle functions. We own the whole software development lifecycle from defining vision and requirements over design and implementation to deployment, operation and maintenance of our products.
What awaits you?
- As a part of our team, you will shape the vision of our products by refining requirements with up- and downstream dependencies to finally design and implement high-quality, long-term maintainable software products. These products will enable BMW and its collaboration partners to develop autonomous driving functions now and in the future.
- As a senior software engineer, you will provide manageable work packages to juniors, oversee their results and take over the hardest tasks yourself.
- You will talk to users of our products to shape our vision and derive requirements. Our users are highly technical people within the same organization.
- Designing technical solutions that fulfill requirements and documenting them is part of your function.
- You will implement designed solutions yourself and delegate tasks where it’s possible.
- Upholding and maintaining your intended solutions by code review and mentoring is part of your tasks.
What you should bring along?
- University degree in Computer Sciences or a related subject.
- At least 5 years of experience in the entire Product SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), preferably using Java/Scala or other JVM based languages, alternatively C++ or Go.
- Experience working in a large repository with many contributors developing long-term maintainable software products.
- Experience with leading technical discussions with a team and helping to drive decisions by balancing trade-offs and following through.
- Experience with Scala on Apache Spark, Kubernetes, MapR and Apache Airflow is a plus.
- A passion for clean code, clean design and high-quality software that is actually used.
- Business-fluent English and the ability to tailor your communication for both non-technical or technical audiences.
You enjoy working in an international team and want to develop and build the next generation of automotive software? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. e-mail) cannot be considered.
What we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001