Software Developer - Platform Services (f/m/x)
TAKE A TRIP ON THE REAL SUPERHIGHWAY.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, this includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
We shape joyful digital experiences in and around the car through integrated product development, operations, and especially clear customer focus. Our dynamic international unit is based in Munich and works closely with sites in Portugal, Brazil and China, operating with a customer driven and agile software R&D set-up, based on a state-of-the-art cloud services architecture.
What awaits you?
- Together we develop iOS, Android, in-car apps as well as backend components with technologies including native mobile development, Flutter/Dart, Typescript, C#, Java, Kubernetes and Azure.
- The coordination of the activities with the product owners and other feature teams and taking care about efficiency, scalability, cost efficiency and maintainability are part of your job field.
- You are responsible for the development of digital apps, backend services, prototypes and products for different customer touchpoints (including mobile phones, smart watches, etc.).
- These apps will provide mobility services and car-related services for different brands of the BMW Group.
- Common to these apps is direct communication with several backend components being built in the same team and a high interaction directly with the cars of the BMW Group.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or a comparable field of study.
- Profound experience in software development.
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and tools (e.g., Git, Jenkins, GitHub Actions).
- Excellent expertise in Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, Kubernetes) and backend development (e.g. C#/.NET or Typescript/NodeJS).
- Experience in writing high quality code backed by automated tests.
- Good knowledge in agile methodologies and tools (e.g. Jira, GitHub).
- Advanced skills on monitoring concepts and tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Prometheus, Grafana).
- Good knowledge on Linux Systems.
- A good feeling for architecture and architecture patterns as well as for scalable solutions and performance of code.
- Fluent German and English language skills.
You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about software quality? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001