Master's thesis in the area of validation of simulation models (f/m/d)
THE FUTURE WILL NEVER SIMPLY WORK IN THEORY.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
World-leading technologies don’t make it into a BMW until they’ve undergone one of the most challenging journeys imaginable. It takes dynamic teams with outstanding technical skills to take them from the drawing board to the road. That’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW Grou, offer you an interesting and varied master's thesis thesis in the area of investigation of hierarchical validation approaches for crash simulation models.
We aim to develop tools and techniques that leverage the use of crash simulation models in virtual vehicle development. Crash simulation models at the full-body level are highly complex. Following the hierarchical validation concept, validation at the component-level has high potential to provide insights into effects of uncertainties on credibility of the simulation results. Your thesis will focus on methods to further exploit this potential.
What awaits you?
- You will review existing literature with a focus on statistical validation approaches and hierarchical validation
- You will evaluate the reviewed approaches based on their ability to consider hierarchical validation.
- You will suggest which approach is suitable for crash and implement it.
- Evaluation of the implemented approach with synthetic experimental data.
- You will document your results and critically question your findings.
Please note that your thesis must be supervised by a university on your part.
What should you bring along?
- Master studies in computation mechanics, mechanical engineering, physics, or a comparable studies program.
- Strong knowledge of numerical simulation methods, nonlinear FEM.
- Programming skills, preferably Python.
- Eagerness to expand your knowledge in the area of uncertainty quantification and probabilistic modelling.
- Fluent English, German is advantageous.
- Team- and communication skills.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Employee discounts & price deductions.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits - see jobs/benefits
You are enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: 04/15/2023
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001