Intern in the area of PMO Performance Control & Digitalization Operational Supply Chain (f/m/d)
A GOOD INTERNSHIP IS NEVER HANDS OFF.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
We believe in creating an environment where our interns really can learn by doing and where they are given their own areas of responsibility right from the start of their time with us. That’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW Group, offer you an interesting and varied internship in the area of PMO Performance Control & Digitalization Operational Supply Chain.
Every day the BMW Group’s Material Steering departments order over 31 million parts, across 300,000 distinct part numbers, from 4,500 supplier sites. This effort enables over 31 production locations in 14 countries to build over 9,000 vehicles a day. BMW is passionate about high performing supply chains and ensuring every part arrives on time. No matter the difficulties that arise in our supply chain with supplier, environmental, societal, political, or pandemic caused disruptions, BMW keeps the customer at its center. Our goal is to build customers the Ultimate Driving Machine.
What awaits you?
- You will join a newly established high-performance team.
- As a growing leader, you will take responsibility for projects and achieving targets and present your results directly to the BMW Management.
- As a PMO Intern, you will support the Delivery Assurance Project Management Office, which is responsible for developing the long-term strategy of our supply chain digitalization efforts, and for creating a transparent project plan with actionable tasks.
- The PMO oversees the development of several functions of the department, such as the inhouse development and deployment of emerging technologies in the supply chain operation (AI, ML, Big Data).
- Your Team is responsible for the agile working model and scalable software development of supply chain BI tools.
- You will contribute significantly to the strategic development of our digitalization journey and be part of the transformation to an agile and creative culture.
- You will interact with many areas of the company including Production, Logistics, Purchasing, Finance, Development, and with all our international locations from USA, Mexico, ZA to UK, to China.
What should you bring along?
- Advanced graduate degree in progress and excellent academic record, as well as professional achievement required.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to dynamic and rapidly changing environments and the ability to toggle between strategic and detail-orientated thinking.
- Ability to influence across multiple functional teams.
- Experience in Project Management and PM Tools.
- Experience with automotive industry, data science (ML, AI), agile software development and BI Tools is a plus but not necessary.
- Fluent in English, German is a plus.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Employee discounts & price deductions.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/waswirbieten.
Are you enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity.
Earliest starting date:01.05.2023
Duration: 3-6 months
Working hours: 35
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001