Intern in the area of Data Engineering and Data Analytics in Accident Research (f/m/d)
SOME IT WORKS. SOME CHANGES WHAT'S POSSIBLE.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly novel solutions. And that’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW Group, offer you an interesting and varied internship in the area of Data Engineering and Data Analytics in Accident Research.
Our department analyses vehicles involved in accidents and carries out extensive evaluations based on existing accident databases. The aim is to improve vehicle safety, to assess the effectiveness of safety systems, and to obtain a better understanding of the overall accident. The resulting results are used to further develop and optimize safety systems in our vehicles.
What awaits you?
- As part of your job, you will support our team in answering relevant questions in the area of accident data analysis.
- This gives you the opportunity to create analyses on your own responsibility based on specific questions and to formulate conclusions as a team.
- You work on the efficient indexing of publicly available accident databases with the aim of making them available for analyses, exploring how databases can be made more accessible with the help of ontologies and knowledge graphs.
- Involvement in day-to-day operations rounds off your exciting range of tasks.
What are you bringing with you?
- Studied computer science, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or a comparable course of study.
- Basic knowledge in the area of accident mechanics
- First experience with database design and SQL
- First practical experience in data analytics and statistics.
- Knowledge of using a programming language, such as Python
- Business fluent German/English and good English/German skills.
- Team and communication skills.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Personal initiative.
What do we offer?
- Comprehensive mentoring & onboarding.
- Personal & professional development.
- Work-Life-Balance & flexible working hours.
- Digital offers & mobile working.
- Attractive remuneration.
- Employee discounts & price deductions.
- Apartment offers for employees (only Munich).
- And many other benefits - see jobs/benefits
Do you have an enthusiasm for new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity.
Start date: from 03/01/2023
Duration: 6 months
Working time: Part-time or full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001