Senior Perception Algorithm Engineer C++ / OpenCL - Autonomous Driving (f/m/x)
AUTONOMOUS DRIVING IS BUILT ON FREE THINKING.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
Revolutionising the future of mobility means setting standards today. Our vehicles already use intelligent technologies that are increasingly taking over driving tasks and providing greater safety and comfort. Increasing our lead in autonomous driving requires visionary thinkers and creative developers. Specialists in the fields of machine learning, artificial intelligence, sensor technology and software development will work in expert teams in centres of excellence networked around the world to redefine the limits of what is possible.
A key aspect of autonomous driving is to be aware of the current local environment. We develop new state-of-the-art environment perception algorithms to accurately detect and track surrounding objects and obstacles based on measurement data of multiple sensors. As part of our team, you generate efficient and high-quality software that improves the perception capabilities and thereby also the safety and comfort for the future generation of autonomous vehicles at the BMW Group.
What awaits you?
- Our mission is to develop robust and innovative environment perception algorithms and bring them from research/pre-development to our next generation of series vehicles.
- More specifically, you will be part of our Dynamic Grid team, focusing on a modern generic low-level environment estimation approach based on the concept of dynamic occupancy grids for the multi-sensor detection and tracking of moving objects and stationary obstacles.
- Within our team, your tasks are versatile and include high-quality test-driven software development targeting series production, prototypical development of new concepts, and in-depth analysis of our approach with real sensor data and simulation.
- In addition, with your strong background in OpenCL, you should be excited to take a key role in further optimizing our code to specific parallel data processing target hardware architectures, including taking responsibility for the respective coordination with our colleagues and cooperation partners.
What should you bring along?
- University degree (Master or PhD) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering/ Information Technology, Robotics, or related field of study.
- At least 5 years of experience in software development and with developing embedded real-time systems in C++.
- Excellent programming skills in modern C++.
- Substantial experience with parallel data processing architectures and models, especially OpenCL (CUDA is a plus), and optimizing code for specific hardware architectures.
- Solid algorithmic background in sensor data processing (especially occupancy grid mapping, data fusion, probabilistic state estimation, and clustering) and sensor technologies (lidar, radar, and camera).
- Business-fluent English and German.
You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about software quality? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001