Intern in the area of Data Science and Engineering for Autonomous Transport Systems (f/m/d)
SOME IT WORKS. SOME CHANGES WHAT'S POSSIBLE.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly novel solutions. And that’s why our experts will treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
We, the BMW Group, offer you an interesting and varied internship in the area of Data Science and Engineering for Autonomous Transport Systems
We are delivering state of the art IT solutions for our production plants with challenging requirements arising from one of the best supply chain and warehouse management processes in the automotive industry. We work on the industrialization and utilization of the potential of artificial intelligence, autonomous devices, robotics and the Internet-of-Things in the field of logistics. Using production data we want to enable data-driven decision making for our users.
What awaits you?
- You are part of an agile team working on the cloud based platform ATS Services, responsible for coordination of autonomous transport systems for intralogistics in BMW plants across the globe.
- You work closely with experts from logistics, software engineering and data science to define use cases for data-driven decision making.
- You work with a large amount of production data from different plants to conduct root cause analysis and optimize the logistics processes.
- You prepare data, use analytics tools and build dashboards in the BMW cloud.
- You collaborate with other teams and shape the further development of our IT landscape and our architecture patterns into resilient, high-available and flexible IT systems.
- You work with very enthusiastic colleagues distributed across the globe.
- You will be part of an environment that believes in lifelong learning with continuous exchange of knowledge and shape the future of BMW Group IT.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field with project experience in statistical modeling and machine learning.
- Profound Knowledge in Python programming language and packages such as Pandas.
- Knowledge in working with databases using languages such as SQL and Kusto.
- Knowledge on common statistics frameworks and machine learning concepts.
- Knowledge in building dashboards using tools such as PowerBI, Tableau and building ETL-Pipelines is a plus.
- Ideally experience in the field of robotics, automation, simulation and internet of things.
- Business-fluent in English, German would be an advantage.
You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about user interface design in combination with agile software development? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity.
Earliest starting date: 02/20/2023
Duration: 6 months
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001