Security Architect - Infotainment (f/m/x)
At BMW Car IT, a wholly owned subsidiary of BMW AG, we live and breathe software. We design and implement embedded software for electronic control units of the BMW cars as well as related tools and frameworks. By delivering software all the way from the idea to the final product we lead BMW into the future of digitalization and mobility.
We are searching for a Security Architect with a passion for secure software and innovative embedded software solutions. One of our areas of responsibility is the security of components for the infotainment systems in our connected cars. We are committed to modern development methodologies and tools like continuous integration, agile development, and test-driven-development.
What awaits you?
- You will consult and hands-on assist multiple teams in creating risk analyses (e.g. TARA) and performing Threat Modeling (STRIDE) of the software architecture and components under the responsibility of the teams.
- You will guide, teach, and train teams on how to create secure software architectures.
- Actively adapting the software development process to benefit from modern tools to enhance security (e.g., Static Code Analysis, Fuzzing, Security Testing Frameworks) will be part of your tasks.
- Additionally, you will motivate developers and architects of multiple projects and strengthen the overall security mindset.
- You will drive project decisions to roll out security measures.
- You will actively check source code and configurations for potential security issues and guide/train development teams on how to prevent identified issues.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science or a similar field of study.
- Professional experience in Threat Modeling (STRIDE), TARA and ISO 21434.
- Experience in security source code reviews and active vulnerability hunting.
- Deep technical understanding of best-practice security features and internals of Linux and Android.
- A background in modern software development in C++ / Java / Kotlin on Linux / Android.
- The ability to motivate, influence and convince multiple worldwide teams; ideally with experience creating and performing security trainings.
- Business-fluent English, German language skills are highly desired but not mandatory.
You enjoy working in an international team and want to create the most secure next generation of automotive software? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer in Ulm?
- Company car option.
- English speaking teams in an intercultural setting.
- Flexible organization of working times & mobile work arrangements.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Career development & continuous personal qualification.
- Relocation Services for our new employees.
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: full-time
Option for remote contract within Germany: To be evaluated for each individual case.
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001