Development Engineer - Battery Cell LI-ION (W/M/X)
WHY JUST BUILD A CAR WHEN YOU COULD REINVENT MOBILITY?
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
At BMW, our engineers re-imagine the future of mobility every day with pioneering new visions. But it takes real process-driven leaders with cool heads, excellent communication skills and an unwavering eye for detail to transform those visions into actionable projects that everybody can get behind.
We are a cross-disciplinary team of experts working on evaluating next-generation-technology battery cells and subcomponents for automotive use.
What awaits you?
- You will coordinate the requirements for next-generation-technology battery cells in future electrical energy storage systems for electric vehicles with internal stakeholders and external partners.
- In addition, you will develop innovative concepts for automotive battery cells and subcomponents within a team of international experts as part of the BMW Battery Cell Competence Centre.
- Your area of responsibility will also include the planning and securing of internal and external test resources on cell level.
- You will be responsible for testing and validating the safety and mechanical aspects of the battery cell and its components to meet the requirements.
- Therefore, you will verify and optimize process design parameters and establish new process standards in coordination with the internal partners.
- The preparation (screening, plotting) of test data, analysis and documentation of test results and the compilation and report of test results is also part of your work.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in the field of electrical engineering, physics, chemistry, materials sciences, mechanical engineering or a comparable field of study.
- In-depth professional experience in the field of electric storage technologies, particularly battery cells is required.
- Knowledge of battery cell production/processes.
- Extensive experience in the field of testing and validation of battery cells.
- Experience in working with international suppliers.
- Analytical thinking.
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite, German is desirable.
You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about software quality? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001