Senior Specialist Environmental Management (f/m/x)
Would you like to be part of an exciting and challenging project to construct the future of mobility? You will have a key function in the steering of plant-wide sustainability targets and environmental legal compliance to support improvement of both, environmental performance and annual budget spent. You will control the environmental aspects of all activities of BMW Group Plant Debrecen, ensure legal compliance and implement actions to reduce or eliminate environmental impacts and risks since the construction phase of the plant. As an important interface, you will be a trusted point of contact for our various experts internal and externally.
What awaits you?
- Strategy planning and operational controlling related to environmental protection for our newest production facility (energy, CO2, water, waste, soil, other emissions, biodiversity, etc.).
- Ensuring legal compliance for BMW Group Plant Debrecen (provision of environmental permits & regulatory reporting).
- Liaison and negotiation with regulatory agencies and other external interested parties to provide BMW maximum flexibility for future process and model changes.
- Provision of competent expert advice and technical leadership at all levels to achieve the best balanced outcome for the business and the environment.
- Developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring the environmental management system compliant with ISO14001.
- Environmental target steering (Internal data validation and reporting, interpretation of BMW Group strategies into regional enabler projects for target achievements).
What should you bring along?
- Suitable professional higher qualification, e. g. recognised University Degree / Diploma in chemical, environmental, sustainability, industrial engineering or similar.
- Sound professional experience with IPPC permits (Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control)
- 5+ years combined knowledge in a related environmental field with experience and comprehension of production & manufacturing operations, preferably in the car manufacturing industry.
- 5 years of experience in implementing and maintaining an organisation certified as environmental management system.
- Thorough understanding of Hungarian environmental legislation and experience in permitting and regulatory processes.
- English and Hungarian - business fluent, both written and spoken.
Full time employment.
Please kindly be aware that we can only consider applications in English.
A letter of reference or LinkedIn recommendations attached to your candidate profile would be much appreciated.