Software Engineer Automated Warehouse Systems (f/m/x)
EVEN IN IT, PEOPLE ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN IT.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
Networks are about more than just IT. They are about connecting people who make things possible. Close teamwork is key to understanding how IT can help integrate processes into systems. We put this insight into practice, and it's part of our success.
We at BMW Group IT in Dingolfing design, develop and operate modern cloud based applications for the BMW Group worldwide production network. We are delivering state of the art IT solutions for our production plants with challenging requirements arising from one of the best supply chain and warehouse management processes in the automotive industry. We develop and operate the cloud based software AWHS, which is the target application for enabling all Automated Warehouses across the BMW production network.
What awaits you?
- You design, develop and operate the production critical applications as part of an international DevOps-Team consisting of 18 highly motivated developers.
- You collaborate with other teams and shape the further development of our IT landscape and our architecture patterns into resilient, high-available and flexible IT systems.
- Together with our business department you define the processes of our Automated Warehouses and implement them in modern microservice based applications consisting of front- and backend developments.
- You work with very enthusiastic colleagues in Dingolfing while frequent visits at our Software Development Hub in Porto are required.
- You will be part of an environment that believes in lifelong learning with continuous exchange of knowledge and you will shape the future of BMW Group IT.
What you should bring along?
- University Master’s degree in computer science, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or Mathematics with focus on IT or equivalent experience.
- Professional experience (min. 5 years) in the field of software development and architecture of software development.
- Profound knowledge in backend development (Java 17 or higher, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate, Maven, Git, Flyway and Junit5) and frontend development (Angular2+ and Typescript).
- Excellent knowledge of modern software development involving microservice architecture (Spring Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker, Azure or AWS).
- Excellent knowledge of REST services and Messaging (RabbitMQ, Kafka).
- Excellent knowledge of automatic build and deploy processes (CI / CD Jenkins pipelines).
- Ideally you have experience with logging, tracing, monitoring and alerting of microservice applications (ELK, Zipkin, Prometheus, Grafana and Alert-Manager).
- Experience in agile software development.
- Business-fluent in German and English.
You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about software quality? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. e-mail) cannot be considered.
What we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001