High Voltage Battery Specialist
At the BMW Group, everything starts with passion. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work unite that we can shape the future together.
We are offering an interesting and responsible position of “High Voltage Battery Specialist” at Technology Material and Process Analysis (TWA) at plant Debrecen. At this position you will work on the latest 6th generation batteries which are the milestones to our sustainable future.
What awaits you?
• Analysing of failures of high voltage battery systems and their components (including E/E components) from series production.
• Recording of relevant electrical and mechanical parameters of the high voltage battery systems.
• Analysing the batteries and their components and evaluating the occurring fault patterns. It is including disassembly, communication software usage and hardware to check the control units as well as the battery-specific test equipment to determine e. g. dielectric strength and insulation resistance.
• Performing X-ray analysis, CT analysis and scanning electron microscopy.
• Implementating and documenting analytical investigations, perforimg the results and appropriate recommendations documented in comprehensive technical reports.
• Giving technical and non-technical presentations to management, internal teams and suppliers.
• Establishing new analysis methods and the continuous improvement of the existing analysis processes.
• Writing quality and safety relevant documents such as work and operating instructions.
What should you bring along?
• Degree (bachelor´s or master´s degree) in the field of electrical engineering, mechatronics, materials technology, chemistry, physics or a comparable qualification. Alternatively completed apprenticeship as an electrician, mechatronics engineer, chemist or a comparable qualification including professional experience (minimum 3 years).
• Working experience with workshop tools (e.g. saws, drills, grinders, cutting tools, etc.).
• Experience in high voltage batteries is desirable.
• Theoretical knowledge of the structure and functionality of high-voltage storage systems and their components is desirable.
• Qualification as an electrician, including working under voltage is an advantage.
• Team spirit and joy to work together with people, such as capable of working alone and in a multi-functional team.
• Enjoy planning and organizing as well as working in the laboratory, ability to familiarize yourself with new analysis methods.
• Good presentation and communication skills with an analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
• Flexibility and willingness to travel abroad.
• Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, knowledge of the German language is an advantage.
Please kindly be aware that we can only consider applications in English.