Software Engineer Shopfloor - Production Quality (f/m/x)
Networks are about more than just IT. They are about connecting people who make things possible. Close teamwork is key to understanding how IT can help to integrate processes into systems. We put this insight into practice, and it's part of our success.
At BMW Group IT, we design, develop and operate modern applications for the BMW Group production network worldwide. We are delivering state of the art IT solutions for BMW production plants with challenging requirements arising from one of the best production processes in the automotive industry.
Our team is currently seeking a Software Engineer Shopfloor.
You are responsible for the integration and rollout of the process and IT landscape of the quality systems for body shop, paint shop and assembly of our new vehicle plant. This includes integration and rollout of solutions, including innovations for the evolution of processes and systems in the global BMW production system.
What awaits you?
- Together with our business department you define processes and implement these processes in our productive environment.
- You test, integrate, rollout and operate production critical applications as part of an international feature team utilizing agile methodology.
- You collaborate with other teams to ensure high availability and stability of our productive IT solutions.
- You will be part of an environment which believes in lifelong learning with continuous exchange of knowledge to shape the future of BMW Group IT.
What should you bring along?
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Information Technologies, Industrial Engineering, Business Administration or Mathematics’ with focus on IT.
- 3 years of experience using relational database, Oracle Application DBA (preferred).
- Profound knowledge in experience in a variety of programming languages, preferably C++, JAVA, Python, JSP, J2EE, SQL; ideally, 3 years of experience using operating systems (UNIX/LINUX preferred).
- Knowledge of modern software architecture and technology stacks including cloud infrastructure and services; collaboration toolkits (e.g., Jira and Confluence) in an agile environment.
- Experience in agile working model and the ITIL framework; goal-oriented and structured way of working.
- Willingness to travel and perform majority of the BMW Group qualification program abroad during the first year of employment.
- English and Hungarian - business fluent both written and spoken, German language would be an advantage.
Full time employment.
Please kindly be aware that we can only consider applications in English.
A letter of reference or LinkedIn recommendations attached to your candidate profile would be much appreciated.