Software Architect Automotive Network - Infotainment (f/m/x)
SOME IT WORKS. SOME CHANGES WHAT'S POSSIBLE.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, this includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
Our feature development team is responsible for the development of in-car information and communication systems with a strong focus on head units and clusters. Your area of responsibility is the automotive network and inter-process communication architecture within the ECU software stack.
What awaits you?
- You analyze feature requests and requirements for automotive network, inter-process and inter-processor communication (IPC) and you derive system and software requirements.
- Furthermore, you define concepts and the architecture of network and IPC components and how they interact within the E/E and the hardware/software system.
- You write requirement specifications for RFQs and assess the quotations technically.
- To realize the architecture and assist in component implementation within ECU development projects, you work together with internal development teams and suppliers.
- In addition, you support project managers with planning and cost calculation and feature approval criteria definition.
- Within the software domain you are responsible for the software architecture implementing network and IPC protocols, especially AVB and high level ethernet protocols, and IPC protocols spanning across all chipsets and multiple operating systems like Linux, Android and AUTOSAR.
- You analyze incorrect behavior of the running system for architectural defects and provide solutions together with the development teams.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or a comparable qualification.
- At least 4 years of experience working as system and software architect, ideally for network architecture of control units.
- Experience in embedded software development, system and software architecture of Linux / Android and ideally multi-OS hypervisor-based systems.
- Knowledge about automotive bus technologies, especially AVB and Ethernet, IPC technologies, e.g. binder, vSomeIP, SPI, and interface design.
- Business-fluent English and at least basic German with the motivation to improve language skills.
You enjoy working in an international team and are passionate about software quality? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001