Metrology Specialist In-Line (f/m/x)
Everything starts with passion at the BMW Group. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and to bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work are united that we can shape the future together. Whatever your heart’s desire – in the BMW Group, you will find a wide range of departments and disciplines across the world where you can share your professional passion with us.
As Metrology Specialist (In-Line) you will be in charge setting up the metrology programs and equipment for painted body (process chain press shop, body shop, paint shop) based on the BMW measurement strategy and painted body reference system to ensure geometrical quality targets for the customer as also internal process partners.
You are working on setting up the geometry control processes in the design-phase as well as control and steer the dimensional quality during the production-phase. You are monitoring and detecting deviations in the processes, supporting to set up measures in the work organization and quality-loops to fulfill a sustainable problem-solving process.
Together with your team members you work on assign tasks and create enthusiasm for target fulfillment through emotional vision.
What awaits you?
- Planning and implementing measurement schedules of consistant, vehicle project related, geometric alignment concepts regarding clamping and supporting the technology with the product methodology specialist.
- Planning and configuring measuring systems, including the definition of suitable measuring concepts/probing methods for process monitoring and comparability of KMG and optical measuring technology.
- Planning and methodical support of robot inline measuring systems and the inline database during start of production and series production. Management of ongoing system optimization with the operating companies, technical contact person for suppliers.
- Measurement planning and processing of 3D CAD models.
- Defining the scope of parts to be assessed, timing schedule, coordination, request and assessment of measured add-on parts for the ABB with the required parts status.
- Specifications for INLINE measuring system programming and coordination of measuring system integration and commissioning in production.
- Management of the inline measuring programs with change management for the measuring points; ensuring correlation with KMG / Optical measured data and SPÜ.
What should you bring along?
- Degree in engineering (metrology, mechanical, electrical) or related field of study.
- At least 3 years of experience in similar positions in the automotive Industry, specifically in Body in White production.
- Knowledge in tactile and optical measurement systems (Inline and Offline Measurement Systems e.g. ZEISS AiMax, GOM Scanbox, LEICA Lasertracker, ISRA Measurement Systems, …).
- Knowledge in measurement data management and analytics, FMK or RPS.
- Knowledge in CAD, database and measurement software (CATIA, POLYWORKS, GOM, eMIL, eMMA, QUARTIS, IDA, JIM, PRISMA).
- Hungarian and English working proficiency is required. German proficiency would be an advantage. Individual language courses available.
- Willingness to travel and perform majority of the BMW Group qualification program abroad during the first year of employment.
Employment type: Full time employment
Please kindly be aware that we can only consider applications in English.
A letter of reference or LinkedIn recommendations attached to your candidate profile would be much appreciated.