Technical Lead Software Quality (f/m/x)
WRITING CODE IS GOOD. ENSURING CODE RUNS SEAMLESSLY IS BETTER.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
With vehicle software becoming ever more complex, the future of mobility will be determined not just by who uses the cleverest algorithms, but by how they are integrated. Modern tools are required for codes to have an impact where it counts. However, even more important are the right people, whose perspective ensures that all these separate elements will “come together on the road”. As an integral member of an innovative team, you’ll work on cutting-edge products and services that drive the performance of our vehicles, making an essential contribution to the success of the BMW Group.
As a Technical Lead for Software Quality, you are responsible to bring the state-of-the-art tools to the development projects by providing blueprints, recommended configurations, and support to integrate them into the continuous integration pipelines.
What awaits you?
- Using modern tools like Bazel, Ansible, Zuul, Clang-Tidy, SonarQube and Github is part of your daily work in a Linux environment.
- Implementing, owning, and improving tools written mainly in Python and C++, supporting developers using C/C++ and Python to reach quality goals will be your main task.
- Making decisions on which metrics and thresholds to measure, which tools to be used, how to integrate them into the CI and how to create approval reports are important responsibilities.
- You will work in a state-of-the-art agile development environment with a dedicated team utilizing agile methodology.
- You will monitor and fix issues in our Software Quality pipeline. Learning from developer’s feedback, we continuously improve the tools as we go.
- You will support on all phases of software development, from requirements tracing to approval report creation, always with the goal of ensuring that quality measures can be trusted.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in Computer Sciences or a comparable qualification.
- Professional experience with software development in Python and C++. Expertise in static code analysis and coverage tools for modern C++ is a plus.
- Strong expertise in Continuous Integration and commonly used tools like Ansible and Zuul. Knowledge in Bazel is a plus.
- Expertise in compilers (GCC and Clang) and their features (compiler warnings, sanitizer) as well as expertise in software quality requirements from ISO26262 are beneficial.
- Knowledge in utilizing agile development methodology like Scrum and Kanban.
- Ability to manage relationships with the Software development community to find the most effective solutions to secure Software quality.
- Business-fluent English.
You have the talent to quickly grasp and structure complex issues? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001