Phd candidate in the area of Robust Multi-modal Perception and Learning (f/m/d)
THE FUTURE IS WHAT WE CREATE WHEN WE TAKE OUR VISIONS TO THE LIMITS.
PHD AT THE BMW GROUP.
Bridging the gap between your doctoral studies and the kind of career challenge you’re looking for isn’t always easy. That’s why our ProMotion PhD programme gives you the opportunity to apply your passion and scientific expertise to very real challenges that could shape the future of mobility. If selected, you’ll have the chance to really develop your own future career path with us through your practice-related thesis, promote your chosen specialty from within – and position yourself to secure the career you’ve always wanted.
We, the BMW Group, offer you an interesting and varied Ph.D. program in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotics.
Innovation occurs at the intersection of multiple disciplines. We are offering an exciting Ph.D. research position in Robust Multi-Modal Active Perception, Learning and Control for Robotics, Intelligent Systems, and Cognitive Vehicles.
What awaits you?
- Ph.D. program at the BMW Group in the field of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Cognitive Systems.
- Excitement over the development of novel and robust Active Deep Cross- Multi-Modal Perception and Transfer Learning for Intelligent Interactive Systems and cognitive vehicles with various sensing modalities that must perform optimally under any conditions.
- Implementation and validation of developed frameworks in both Robotic systems and Intelligent Interactive Vehicles.
- Collaborating with a highly specialized international team of AI/ ML and robotics scientists and engineers, RoboTac Team, BMW Group.
- The work will be carried out at the RoboTac Lab, BMW Group Research (AI and Robotic Center of Excellence), Munich, Germany.
- The RoboTac Lab is equipped with cutting-edge hardware, robotics systems, intelligent vehicles, computational devices, software, etc.
- Opportunity to attend top International Conference in AI/ML and Robotics such as ICRA, IROS, CVPR, ICML, ...
What should you bring along?
- Master's degree obtained from the top international universities in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science Mathematics, Systems, and Control, or a related field.
- Strong mathematical background and a strong interest in AI, robotics and robot learning, Transfer Learning, machine learning, Deep Active Learning, Multi-modal Active Perception and Learning, AI-based Control Architecture, Human-Machine Interaction.
- Extensive practical software development experience, preferably in C/C++ and Python required.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Tensorflow).
- Having at least one publication in top IEEE conferences such as ICRA, and IROS or top journals such as T-RO, AURO, RAL, etc.
- Good teamwork and communication skills, and an independent and structured working style.
- Efficient communication skills in English. German is an advantage.
Are you enthused by new technologies and an innovative environment? Apply now!
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity.
Earliest starting date: 02/15/2023
Duration: 36 months
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001