Lead Data Scientist (w/m/x)
THINK DIGITAL. WORK AGILE.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
Anticipating drivers' needs and meeting them with premium contextual digital experiences is the role of the digital services department within the BMW Group. We are based in attractive locations around the world, where we work in inter-disciplinary teams. Our start-up mentality is backed by the resources of a global player. Our experts operate with a customer-driven and agile software R&D set-up, based on a state-of-the-art cloud services architecture.
The BMW Group further drives the digitalization of sales and introduces a fully data driven decision making and sales steering. Combining the power of data and your experience, we ensure that our customers get a premium experience from first touchpoint over purchase to vehicle usage. Innovative, cloud-based solutions are in the center of this initiative. In close collaboration with business units and international development centers we operate with an agile software setup to build the best, customer-centric solutions.
What awaits you?
- You are part of an interdisciplinary and international product team and analyze data from multiple sources with state-of-the-art methods, e.g. to predict and visualize product demand.
- You closely collaborate with business units, BizDevOps teams and product owners on solving technical and business issues.
- Based on your expertise and problem-solving oriented thinking you support the globally acting domain for performance and data management.
- You keep yourself up to date about latest technology trends and their potential application and evaluate usability in the domain if needed
- To solve your analytical use cases, you access to a multitude of data sources via BMW’s global data portal.
- You ensure high data quality for excellent analytical results.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in physics, mathematics, computer science or related subjects.
- At least five to seven years of experience in exploratory data analysis, time series analysis and a good understanding of machine learning methods.
- Experience with programming and data analysis in Python and common CI tools.
- Knowledge and experience in working with public cloud platforms or underlying open source technologies (e.g. Apache Spark/AWS Glue, Apache HIVE/AWS Athena, RDBMS, Jupyter/ AWS Sagemaker).
- Passion for topics like Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), Data Screening, Advanced Analytics, Data Driven Decision Making.
- First technical leading experience is a plus.
- Business fluent in German and English.
You are motivated and want to shape the mobility of tomorrow with cutting-edge analytics and technologies? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001