Automotive Software Engineer C++ (f/m/x)
TAKE A TRIP ON THE REAL SUPERHIGHWAY.
SHARE YOUR PASSION.
More than 90% of automotive innovations are based on electronics and software. That's why creative freedom and lateral thinking are so important in the pursuit of truly new solutions. Naturally, this includes flexible working models, so that our IT specialists are free to go in unconventional directions.
Develop with us the next generation of embedded software platforms for highly networked and innovative automotive software functions in an international team.
Modern development methods and technologies such as continuous integration and testing, agile development, test-driven development or domain-specific languages are a fixed part of our work.
What awaits you?
- Your work will produce ready-to-use, high-quality series software that you can experience in BMW cars.
- Before delivering your Software you are encouraged to test your work directly in the car.
- You will work in a networked manner and independently coordinate your activities with your contacts.
- In addition, you will ensure that robustness, performance and security aspects are continuously observed in software design.
What should you bring along?
- University degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a comparable course of study or a comparable qualification.
- Extensive practical software development experience, preferably in C++ required.
- In-depth knowledge of data structures, algorithms and software design with very good analytical thinking and error analysis skills required.
- Experience in developing and integrating software platforms for embedded devices would be advantageous.
- Experience in the field of embedded software development with hardware debugging would be advantageous.
- Knowledge in the automotive environment (e.g. CAN, LIN, Ethernet, OSEK, RTOS) is beneficial.
- Knowledge of microcontrollers (e.g. ARM controllers) and in in scripting languages (e.g. Python) would be advantageous.
- Business-fluent English, German would be a plus.
Are you looking for a “pioneering work” in a strongly growing field of software engineering and complex and challenging software projects in automotive series development? Apply now!
Note: Please apply exclusively online via our career portal. Applications via other channels (esp. email) cannot be considered.
What do we offer?
- 30 days of holiday.
- Attractive remuneration.
- BMW & MINI promotions.
- Career development.
- Flexible organisation of working times.
- High Work-Life Balance.
- Mobility offers.
- And many other benefits - see bmw.jobs/benefits
At the BMW Group, we see diversity and inclusion in all its dimensions as a strength for our teams. Equal opportunities are a particular concern for us, and the equal treatment of applicants and employees is a fundamental principle of our corporate policy. That is why our recruiting decisions are also based on personality, experience and skills.
Find out more about diversity at the BMW Group at bmwgroup.jobs/diversity
Earliest starting date: from now on
Type of employment: unlimited
Working hours: Full-time
BMW Group Recruiting Team
+49 89 382-17001