BMW Group Financial Services UK is looking for an SME Credit Analyst/Underwriter. This role is based at the Summit ONE Campus in Farnborough.
BMW Group Financial Services UK is the result of two sister Financial Services’ businesses based at the Farnborough Campus coming together over the past 18 months as part of our EVOLVE (or ONE-SF) journey. Hence from January 2023 we are ‘One Organisation’ which is responsible for a number of external, customer-facing brands.
We are just getting started on our incredibly exciting journey as a Customer Driven Organisation and as one organisation we are best positioned to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment. Coming together has enabled us to:
· Combine our collective capabilities and talents to focus on innovation, digitisation and simplifying customer and partner interactions.
· Make the customer experience our primary differentiator with one market approach, one holistic customer view and one product and service portfolio.
· Reshape our mobility services to better respond to the changing business environment.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
To our customers and externally we remain separate brands:
Alphabet is Europe’s leading provider of Business Mobility services; we help our Corporate, SME and Public Sector customers meet the changing business travel needs of their employees. We provide innovative products and services that are radically changing the way organisations finance, manage and use their company vehicles. We are also a key player in the growth of low and zero emission vehicles in the UK.
BMW Group Financial Services offers a comprehensive suite of vehicle finance products as well as providing a range of insurance and protection solutions. We are responsible for brands such as BMW Financial Services, MINI Financial Services and BMW Motorrad Financial Services.
ALPHERA Financial Services launched in 2006 as a subsidiary of the BMW Group, ALPHERA is an award-winning, world-leading company that provides flexible finance and insurance products to over 200,000 customers through a network of over 1,500 specialist business Partners.
Our ALPHERA business line also manages our two ultra-high net worth finance brands: Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Financial Services and Aston Martin Financial Services.
SME Credit Analyst/Underwriter
You will be responsible for:
· Supporting the Small to Medium Enterprise Underwriting Team in driving local Credit, Anti Money Laundering & fraud team competencies through changes to processes, coaching junior members of the department for better performance, and for improving the overall quality of the final service.
· Analysing all factors which are material for assessing the credit, Anti Money Laundering & fraud risk, in line with CONC guidelines and latest European anti-Money laundering directives.
· Making effective underwriting decisions for SME/consumer proposals within approved mandate authority and agreed SLA’s.
· Delivering, supporting & coaching local external stakeholders on SME/consumer credit requirements.
· Enacting and ensuring compliance with relevant credit and regulatory guidelines including fraud & anti-money laundering activities.
· We believe that our success is due to the diverse perspectives and experiences of our team members. That's why we actively encourage and support diversity and inclusion in all areas of our business.
· Underwriting experience, ideally underwriting Commercial applications, gained within the financial services sector.
· Relative experience in the leasing/automotive and/or financial services industry
· Relative knowledge of the regulatory frameworks for lending
· Preferably a degree level or equivalent qualification
In return we have an attractive flexible benefits scheme, with the option to select from:
Permanent health insurance
Healthcare cash plan
Competitive holiday entitlement
In 2023 BMW Group Financial Services UK was recognised as a Top Employer. We invest in our employees and embrace a culture of flexible working as well as promoting a positive, supportive culture and working environment. We are based in prestigious offices in Farnborough that provide a great place to work with good people and an exciting, engaging, industry leading brand.
At BMW Group, we are committed to offering our employees the right balance between work and personal life. We pride ourselves on being a flexible employer and for most roles, it could be possible to agree flexible hours, job share, compressed hours or part-time working hours and so please discuss your individual requirements as part of the application process so we can try to agree a suitable arrangement. [For this role, we also support a hybrid model which combines remote and office working.] #LI-Hybrid
All applications should include an up to date CV
The initial assessment will be carried out via a video interview.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background checks.
We are proud to be a part of the Disability Confident scheme. The scheme supports employers to make the most of the talents disabled people can bring to the workplace.
Rolling recruitment, this advert will be closed on successful appointment.