BMW MINI Plant Oxford - Facilities Building Management and Energy - 13 month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why our experts treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Facilities Building Management and Energy Placement
Our Facility Management and Energy team are looking for a student to join our team for 13 months commencing July 2024. The department maintains all the non-production infrastructure, such as roads, buildings and utility supply networks on plant.
What will you be doing?
· Prepare documents to put out tenders for contractors.
· Supplier Steering and responding appropriately to reactive repairs as they arise.
· Project manage, supervise and coordinate the work of contractors.
· Manage and lead facility change requests to ensure minimum disruption to core activities.
· Plan for future developments including best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising of current premises.
· Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and follow up on any deficiencies.
· Use performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement.
· Data base management to support, maintenance schedules and proactive tasks and facilities management related systems to include analysis of data.
Studying towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering, or Construction.
A Business degree would also be considered, and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above. Work experience can be particularly useful in areas such as: administration, building, business, construction, and engineering.
Confident decision making.
Time management and project management skills.
Teamwork skills and the ability to lead and motivate others.
IT skills preferred, particularly with experience of the MS Suite.
A practical, flexible and innovative approach to work with an ability to prioritise workload.
A full driving license may be required, if travelling between sites.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,100, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 36 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024