BMW UK NSC, Farnborough - Technical Support and Warranty - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn by doing during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. That’s why we’ll treat you as part of the team from day one, encourage you to bring your own ideas to the table – and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress. • Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance. • The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. • Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
Technical Support and Warranty - 13 Month Placement
We are looking for a confident and well organised individual to join our Technical Campaigns team, providing support to Aftersales and our Retailer network. This position provides the opportunity to collaborate with all areas and gain a holistic understanding of the department and its role within the company.
What will you be doing?
Working on technical and warranty projects, this student placement will give you real responsibility and autonomy. You will develop a good understanding of vehicle quality issues that may arise. As well as this, you will develop an understanding of the vehicle supply chain process from BMW Group factories through to the end customer.
You will focus on Safety Recalls and Technical campaigns; this will involve assisting with customer mailing templates and running off batches of letters for recalls and technical actions. Additionally, you will be required to monitor the progress of the campaign through the analysis of customer recall data and by compiling monthly reports on the campaign and recall completion rates.
Part of your remit will be to liaise and communicate with individual Retailers in order to achieve greater completion rates of low volume recalls and campaigns.
Additionally, you will put your written communication skills into practice when drafting and sending recall communications designed to be sent directly to customer vehicles via our state of the art InCar communication system (TCN).
Supporting with Retailer HUB publishing of bulletins and documents. Our Retailer HUB is the information supply platform used by BMW Group UK for our Retailer network.
Utilising your excellent communication and networking skills, you will liaise with key stakeholders in Sales, Parts, Customer Service, and Aftersales areas of our business regarding technical campaign topics.
In order to proactively support technical and warranty, you will be encouraged to look at the internet forums and social media for quality issues and trends.
Studying towards a degree in Engineering, IT, Business, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Strong relationship building skills and a professional level of customer service, showing exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Good organisational and time management skills.
An ability to show high attention to detail in every task.
Be able to work at both a detailed and high level, prioritise activities, work under pressure, and multi-task.
An interest in the automotive industry is advantageous, but not essential.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Our team works 2-3 days a week in the office and 37.5 hours over 5 days to help you develop a fulfilling work-life balance
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024