BMW Financial Services, Farnborough - IT Agile - 13 month placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
What will you be doing?
You will be taking part in a number of placements within the department as a development opportunity. Supported by an experienced mentor, the successful candidate will benefit from having the chance to share know-how, join dynamic teams to tackle exciting and varied projects and to build a network of contacts within the IT department based at Farnborough.
Support to IT and business teams.
Support to the EMEA Spoke based in the UK.
Develop robots / artifacts based on common BMW Group development standards.
Robot scheduling and monitoring.
RPA Licenses, VMs, Identities. Access Management. Security setup and maintenance.
Support the co-coordination of IT Response to general business demand from the NSC supporting IT DevOps Managers within their domains and providing IT contact for cross domain or ambiguous topics.
Provide IT Systems Analysts for initiatives, including planning support, managing workshops, documenting business requirements, documenting Systems (functional) requirements.
Plan, script and undertake systems testing, co-ordinate UAT and support Deployment.
Support all requests from business for changes to improve and automate business processes in UK market and markets in area of responsibility. Support a wide range of business types and process complexities.
Act as an interface to DevOps groups and application specialists. Understand the business and application landscape so that implementations are managed in a changing environment.
Interface to external providers for DevOps activities and RPA creation, development and support.
Convince stakeholders (business and IT) of the benefits of following Group standard methodology (e.g. prioritization, using IT standards, creating of ROI, Agile, operations standards).
Able to work in an emerging technology which requires individuals with open mind to technology and the changing environment.
Demonstrate agility in an ever-changing IT landscape.
Studying a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Development or Data Science (or related discipline) and predicted to graduate with a 2:2 or higher.
Interest in the Automotive and Financial Services area.
Strong IT skills, including MS office and understanding of AGILE, software development languages, cloud services, RPA.
Have the ability to communicate clearly and simply about the world of IT to our business partners.
Self-organised, self-motivated and tenacious to drive projects to a successful conclusion.
Comes with a can-do attitude and not afraid to learn, develop and grow with the role and the department.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Our team works 2-3 days a week in the office and 37.5 hours over 5 days to help you develop a fulfilling work-life balance
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Monday 8th January 2024