Aftersales Parts Logistics ManagementFarnborough02.10.2023
URL of this page was copied to paste buffer
BMW UK NSC, Farnborough - Parts & Logistics - 13 month placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibilities from the start.
Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one; encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and to give you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
• Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
• Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement. Business Analyst, Logistics Placement
The parts that are supplied by the BMW Group are a major contributor to both the financial health of the business and high levels of satisfaction for our customers. To deliver the service expected of our prestigious brands, it is vital that these parts are supplied first time and on time to the correct location.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and practical individual to join our team on a 13 month student placement.
What will you be doing?
Helping to oversee the UK Supply Chain and distribution of car parts and accessories across the UK and Ireland, for BMW, MINI, Rolls Royce and Motorrad.
Work closely with our European colleagues in Germany.
Get involved in high spend, long term strategic projects.
Work alongside other teams in the wider department responsible for Strategy, Business Development and Customer Service.
You will also gain hands on management experience deputising for superiors when they are on leave or engaged on other projects.
Your attention to detail and endeavour will help maintain business continuity, with day-to-day responsibilities and projects that you will be assigned to individually manage.
The successful candidate is a source of innovation and creativity for our business as well as a resource that will challenge our norms. Our goal is to nurture a future leader for the BMW Group
Currently studying for an undergraduate Business or STEM degree with an interest in Logistics, Operations or Supply Chain Management and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above
Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Must have a full UK driving licence
Great communication skills
Hunger to learn
Ability to prioritise
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Our team works 2-3 days a week in the office and 37.5 hours over 5 days to help you develop a fulfilling work-life balance
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024