BMW Plant Hams Hall - Assembly Planning - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. You will become an integral part of the team from day one and be encouraged to bring your own ideas to the table – having the opportunity to really showcase what you can do.
BMW Group Plant Hams Hall is a modern, state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility, located just outside Birmingham, UK. Producing the latest generation of three and four cylinder petrol engines, and precision machining key engine components, the plant has recently celebrated 20 years of successful production. Operating seven days a week, with more than one engine rolling off the line per minute, the plant plays a key role in BMW Group’s global production network, supplying engines for BMW and MINI, including some of the latest plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Assembly Planning Placement
The key responsibility for our department is to integrate new products into series production. In doing so we offer an interesting and challenging insight into the world of assembly planning for complex products. As a key part of assembly process planning for combustion engines we are working within Plant Hams Hall interfacing with the product development departments, equipment suppliers and the operations department in the plant in order to integrate new products in our production line. We are seeking two motivated students to join our team for 7 Months commencing March 2022.
What will you be doing?
Supporting the integration of new products into new and existing assembly facilities.
Ensuring we are achieving the highest quality industry standards (such as IATF 16949 and ISO9001).
Developing the latest assembly technologies.
Improving internal processes to deliver the best results for BMW Group.
Networking within the plant, within BMW Group (including with Munich and Steyr locations) and externally.
Studying towards a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Aeronautical or Automotive Engineering/Manufacturing, or a relevant field and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above.
Experienced with the MS Office Suite.
Enthusiasm and a strong work ethic.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of the German language is beneficial.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £22,700, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 2nd January 2024