Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood - Facilities, Building Management - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
What will you be doing?
support the general day-to-day business, preparation of events, organisation of meetings and workshops
service provider steering and contract management support
analysis and optimisation of processes and workflows
support in tendering processes of construction projects and service provider contracts
participation in project meeting with internal project partners, supporting project leaders to fulful the project requirements
taking responsibility for the deliverables and outcome of your own sub projects
regular exchange and communication with all departments and functions on site
support with regular walk arounds / inspections and audits to constantly improve the facilities and feedback to suppliers
Studying toward an degree in Facilities Management, Civil / Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or related; on track to achieve a 2:2
Experience or keen interest in Project Management
IT - literate (especially MS Office, Excel, Power Point, Word, CAD)
Capability to pick up new topics and processes
good communication skills
ability to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements, prioritsie activities, work under pressure, multi task and solve problems
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week with blended home working opportunities, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024