We believe in creating an environment where our placement student really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one: encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and give you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Plant Oxford is the birthplace and heart of MINI production. Manufactured to individual customer specifications, hundreds of MINIs leave the plant’s assembly lines each day, off to meet new owners in more than 110 countries around the world. Three UK plants have had a part to play in MINI production – Plant Hams Hall makes engines, Plant Swindon produces body pressings and sub-assemblies for MINI, and all this comes together at Plant Oxford with body shell production, paint and final assembly.
Physical Logistics - 13 Months Placement
The Physical Logistics team are responsible for all product movement and storage processes on site. Working with our Logistics Service Partners, we ensure stock is transported safely and stored in the provided locations before being supplied onwards. The team use a number of IT systems to control parts, providing transparency on each movement, condition and location. It’s the teams’ responsibility to develop, control and continuously improve processes. What will you be doing?
Gain in-depth understanding of logistics in an automotive environment.
Lead and take part of multiple small & large scale projects with other logistics functions, our service provider, & colleagues from other BMW Group Plants.
Supplier communication & develop negotiation skills.
Develop & improve internal processes.
Monitor and report internal KPI’s.
Liaise between IT and Logistics to improve logistical processes via new systems and analytical software.
Optimise warehouse operations and logistical processes using data.
Analysing raw data using various software packages.
Working with a diverse team to problem-solve operational topics to ensure continuous production.
Studying towards a Supply Chain, Business or Engineering degree (projected 2:2 or above).
Proficient user of Microsoft Office Tools.
A keen interest in working in the automotive industry & logistics.
Coding experience would be useful, but is not mandatory.
Good interpersonal and strong communication skills.
Ability to approach problems in an analytical innovative manner.
Capable of prioritising & organising tasks independently.
Able to work within a dynamic & high performing team.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024