Rolls Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood -Vehicle Assembly - Test and Finish – 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and looking to complete a 13-month placement.
Vehicle Assembly - Test and Finish – 13 Month Placement (July 2023)
Our team test and finish the completed vehicles before handing them over to our distribution network. The process spans setting up the vehicles to be road worthy before they are subjected to rigorous static and dynamic quality validation activities. We must deliver perfect quality vehicles on time while keeping within our budget. Our team is seeking two placement students to join from July 2024.
What will you be doing?
· Support, coordination and management of daily operational activities.
· Process flow mapping, reporting on performance and implementing improvements.
· Lead enabler projects to improve our quality, delivery and efficiency.
· Participate in problem solving activities; defining root cause, experiments, and implementing solutions.
· Spend time in other technologies to broaden your understanding of the business.
Studying towards a Bachelor’s or integrated Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Management, or a related field and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above.
Strong IT skills, including a strong operational understanding of Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is essential as is a working knowledge of other relevant databases
An interest in how data science can be applied to manufacturing would be advantageous
An inquisitive nature and attention to detail are required
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week with blended home working opportunities, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd December 2023.