BMW UK, National Sales Company, Farnborough - Product Management Assistant - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
· Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
· Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
· The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
· Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
BMW UK, National Sales Company, Farnborough – Product Management Assistant – 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
The Product Marketing department is responsible for ensuring current and future BMW models are optimised for the UK market to deliver against sales objectives. This involves defining the market opportunity, volume objectives, determining specification, options and pricing and for all current products plus those that will be launched within the next 12-36 months. Through close co-operation with other areas of the marketing function we ensure vehicle launches are supported by comprehensive communication activities through all channels. We're now recruiting for three exciting student placements opportunities for passionate, driven, confident and commercially minded individuals to join our team for 13 month placements.
What will you be doing?
· Core support function to the Product department managing key elements of the operational side of the team including management and coordination of the internal pre-series fleet, review and maintenance of product reference materials and coordination of all internal and external enquiries to ensure prompt and accurate resolution.
· Undertake competitor analysis for each model to highlight our strengths/weaknesses against these competitors. JATO reports are important when making key product and pricing decisions, as they demonstrate our position against competitors in terms of what BMW do/don’t offer. They show the commercial impact of product offering, and this information is used to influence the decisions regarding specification and pricing of our future vehicles.
· Managing a fleet of 20+ cars including showroom and external displays. This allows the latest cars to be showcased at events such as Goodwood Festival of Speed, but also driven by key members of staff (particularly at senior level) to allow them to familiarise with new/future products. Vehicle preparation is key to ensure our high standards are met for when the car is either on loan or on display. Ensuring the technical status of our fleet vehicles is continually monitored and updated via FIPs system is also essential.
· Training the wider business and customer service team on the latest products. This ensures that staff are knowledgeable about the products we sell, and also creates excitement internally for these products. Events such as Goodwood are a great opportunity to give our expertise on products with the aim to capture as many sales leads as possible.
· Maintenance of Product Libraries. This literature is an easy way for a retailer to learn everything about the car. They cover the standard and optional features of the car, highlighting what is available on each model and for what price. These allow not only the retailers to build their knowledge of the car, but also internal staff too.
· System testing – requirement to support the wider team with testing of our internal sales systems for new models and any model changes. Potential to be trained for on system set-up for new cars as well as product changes on current models Day to day operational responsibility for certain specific projects, such as BMW Individual, SAP and ordering/admin.
· Support with ad-hoc research projects, in particular competitor analysis and general topics which will be used when making decisions on future requirements for the product portfolio in the UK.
Qualifications and experience
· Studying for a Bachelor's degree and on track to achieve a 2:1 or above in Business Studies, Marketing or a related field.
· Genuine interest and enthusiasm for cars and the automotive industry, strong BMW product knowledge is desirable
· Strong relationship building skills and a professional level of customer service
· An excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organisational skills
· Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
· Analytical and lateral thinker with strong commercial acumen and outstanding attention to detail
· Full UK driving licence preferable.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits -You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.