BMW UK, National Sales Company, Farnborough - Brand Communications - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress. • Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance. • The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. • Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
BMW UK, Farnborough – BMW Marketing - Brand Communications – 13 month Student Placement (July 2024).
We are looking for three confident and forward-thinking individuals to join our BMW Brand Communications team, responsible for delivering Marketing campaigns related to new product launches, partnerships, used cars and other brand activity across the UK and Ireland. Working closely with our Marketing agencies and Product team to steer all end-to-end communications through the customer journey, we are required to closely co-operate across our UK and Ireland businesses within both the wider team and the business as a whole. We are seeking keen, proactive and creative individuals, with strong written and verbal communication skills, who are prepared to take on responsibility for individual projects. We hope to attract those who are eager to learn, enthusiastic, and interested in both customer insights and the automotive industry. You will become part of a supportive, open and inclusive team that views our interns as our future talent, meaning we trust them to come up with new ideas to improve the way we operate.
What will you be doing?
· Supporting the end-to-end delivery of all national and local Retailer brand and launch communications campaigns via TV, social media, digital, print, cinema, outdoor etc. This includes activities such as briefing creative and media agencies to develop all necessary materials, managing timelines, and managing the internal communication of our activity and campaign reporting.
· Assisting with the development of the national day-to-day social media assets. This includes contributing to the development of the weekly plan and reviewing social posts with the national agency.
· Assisting with the promotion of our national media partnerships. Previous partners have included GQ, The Telegraph, Vogue and Sky Arts.
· Ensuring all local creative content is signed off and approved on time and in line with project deadlines.
· Managing elements of creative development relating to our digital materials such as product guides.
· Managing campaign budget operations such as raising purchase orders and budget tracking.
· Contributing to our campaign development steering by providing local market insight, reporting this to management and our BMW colleagues in Munich.
· Supporting Brand and Launch activities across BMW UK Partnerships and Events. Our events include the Goodwood Festival of Speed and the BMW PGA Championship.
Qualifications and experience.
Studying towards a bachelor’s degree and on track to achieve at least a 2:2. A Business or Marketing field of study is preferable but not essential.
An experienced user of Microsoft Office software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Strong relationship building skills.
Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
A thirst for learning, an eye for detail and a creative flair.
Good organisational and time management skills, coupled with the ability to show high attention to detail in every task.
Ability to work at both a detailed and high level, prioritise activities, work under pressure and multi-task.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024