Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood - Brand and Retail Training Assistant - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars is part of the BMW Group and its Goodwood manufacturing plant sits in the heart of the West Sussex countryside.
As the epitome of exclusive super luxury, a Rolls-Royce delivers unmatched quality, style, and performance. Behind the legendary brand is a team of passionate and highly talented people who do their utmost to satisfy the wishes of clients who commission a Rolls-Royce. Each year we offer internship opportunities and we are keen to hear from you if you are currently studying an undergraduate degree and are looking to complete a 13-month placement.
The maxim of Sir Henry Royce, ‘take the best that exists and make it better’, permeates in everything we do at Rolls-Royce. As a student, you will have hands on experience from day one, gaining practical insights into the corporate operations of a world-class automotive manufacturer.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars, Goodwood – Brand and Retail Training Assistant - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
The Retail Qualification Team are responsible for ensure the Dealer Network deliver a High Touch Luxury Client Experience. This is executed through a global training programme, which targets both Technical and Brand Training. The training is delivered across a blended approach, including live, international broadcasts, small face to face classroom courses and driving experiences, delivered at the Rolls-Royce Training Academy and as well as across the Globe. The candidate will have the opportunity to learn about the operations and development of both Technical, Product and Luxury Client Experience Training and play a significant role in coordinating the activity.
What will you be doing?
· Support the coordination of face-to-face training and live global broadcasts within the Rolls-Royce Training Academy and across all Regions.
· Support delegate management.
· Create and manage training pages on the Learning Management site (LMS).
· Track and report on LMS completion and enrolment.
· Support and respond to delegate enquiries.
· Based on the candidate's skills set, candidate will be involved in special projects.
What the candidate will learn:
· Learn how a luxury retail network operates, and varied training requirements across both Technical and Brand
· Develop a deep understanding of communication, and how differing training formats benefit different people
· Visibility of, and the opportunity to attend Rolls-Royce Retailer training
· Develop communication, analytical, problem solving and professionalism skills.
Qualifications and Experience
· Positive and proactive attitude
· Confident face to face and written communication skills
· Strong Microsoft office skills, including Excel
· Interested in Luxury and/or Automotive industry
· Interested in bettering oneself and the people around them
· Highly organised and independent
· A full UK/EU Driving license is advantageous but is not essential
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £23,100, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th January 2024