BMW Plant Hams Hall, Birmingham - Material Control and Transport Steering - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
BMW Group Plant Hams Hall is a modern, state-of-the-art engine manufacturing facility, located just outside Birmingham, UK. Producing the latest generation of three and four cylinder petrol engines, and precision machining key engine components, the plant has recently celebrated 20 years of successful production. Operating seven days a week, with more than one engine rolling off the line per minute, the plant plays a key role in BMW Group’s global production network, supplying engines for BMW and MINI, including some of the latest plug-in hybrid vehicles.
Material Control and Transport Steering – 13 Month Placement
We are seeking a placement student for a 13-month role within BMW Plant Hams Hall, Material Control & Transport (Supply Chain) department, commencing July 2024. Working within engine manufacturing, specifically within the Logistics function, our team is responsible for ensuring on time delivery of engine components to the engine assembly areas. Our team ensure parts are available for build in 3 European engine plants – Hams Hall, Munich and Steyr. With lean stocks and just-in-time deliveries into all plants, a stable supply chain is essential. We are looking for a self-motivated, driven individual to support us in this fast-moving environment.
What will you be doing?
Supporting the team both in an operational and project capacity.
Material planning within the BMW network including Hams Hall, Steyr and Munich for the commodities under the control of the Material Control department at Hams Hall.
Communicating with assembly planning and physical logistics departments at both Steyr and Hams Hall.
Scheduling of assembly components to support both Baukasten and V series engine requirements.
Working with external suppliers to ensure process adherence and data quality.
Performance monitoring of suppliers and hauliers along with timely escalation of critical supply topics using recognised tools and techniques.
Driving Hauliers through Performance Reviews to ensure we protect production, improve supply to schedule and load quality.
Studying towards a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, International Business, Supply Chain Management or another similar field, and on track to achieve a 2:2 or above.
Effective communication and teamworking skills.
Ability to work under pressure and be agile.
Extremely self-motivated and driven.
Attentive to detail.
Experienced with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel.
Knowledge of the German language would be beneficial.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £22,700, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7th December 2023