Our corporate security department upholds the responsibility for security within all UK sites and maintains governance responsibility across all sites within Europe (excl. Germany). As a team, we manage security related matters including, Physical security, Crisis Management, Regional Security Intelligence, Information and Prototype protection. We also have complete analysis on current facilities, processes, and events for both risks and opportunities for the BMW group. While based from Plant Oxford, we have regular interfaces across the region that we support to mitigate the continually changing and increasingly challenging environment the BMW group operates within. We are currently transitioning a lot of our management systems, as such there is a large opportunity to create and implement digital solutions to support all operations.
What will you be doing?
· Support the continued role out of data analytic systems within the department and develop system processes to allow ease of use.
· Support both day to day and strategic activities, ensuring innovative and effective solutions are created and applied.
· Support with new technical and process integration activities.
· Digitalisation overview of KPI's for our service supplier and service delivery.
· Bespoke reporting using our data analytic systems.
Studying towards a bachelor’s degree in Business Studies, International studies, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
Must be a competent IT user, with a strong digital affinity.
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to demonstrate a logical approach applied to problem solving
Full driving licence.
Self-driven, coupled with the ability to work autonomously.
A personal interest in geopolitics is beneficial, but not essential.
Creative, confident, and self-assured.
Willing and able to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 26 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37 hours a week with a half-day on a Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits - You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, an on-site gym, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024