BMW Ireland, Dublin - Product Marketing and Sales - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
At BMW Group Ireland, we’re proud of our office environment and achievements. We offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
• Flexible working hours- working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
BMW Ireland, Dublin - Product Marketing and Sales - 13 Month Student Placement (July 2024)
We are looking for a confident and eager to learn individual to join our Product Marketing team, responsible for ensuring current and future models are optimised for the Irish market through defining opportunity, specification, options, and pricing. The Product team work closely with the Sales and wider Marketing teams to ensure vehicle launches are supported by comprehensive communication activities through all channels. The BMW Ireland Sales Department are responsible for delivering and coordinating our Sales Strategy and Objectives. They ensure results are delivered by supporting the retailer network to assist growth and achieve joint objectives. This role also offers exciting opportunities to visit retailer centres, support at events, and travel internationally to visit colleagues at our UK sites.
What will you be doing?
Supporting the BMW and MINI Product Manager and National New Car BMW Sales Manager, you will help ensure the current and future BMW and MINI model launches are optimised for the Irish market to deliver against sales objectives. This will involve:
Acting as a core support function to the Product team, managing key operational elements including reviewing and maintaining product literature such as product libraries, product discovery guides/brochures, and price lists. This literature ensures our retailers and internal colleagues can find out everything about our cars including features, pricing, and technical data.
Assembling the Daily Registration Report that provides updates on current sales performance.
Updating and declaring new model pricing and product information to external bodies and partners, including the Irish Revenue, SIMI (Society of the Irish Motor Industry) and SEAI (Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland). This ensures our retailers and their customers are able to register new cars and apply for electric vehicle grants.
Training the wider business on the latest product launches and updates. This ensures staff are knowledgeable about the BMW Group’s products, creating excitement and passion amongst the team. This may include the opportunity to support at launch and press events, sharing our product expertise.
System testing to ensure our new model launches and updates are correctly displaying information on internal sales systems.
Assisting the wider team and retailers with their product queries. This includes liaising with colleagues at all levels of the organisation and retailer network.
Supporting ad-hoc projects throughout the wider sales and marketing teams. This will include conducting competitor analyses to highlight our strengths/weaknesses against the competition, information that is used to inform decisions and highlight potential opportunities for future product management and sales growth.
Working with and presenting to colleagues at all levels of the organisation, including senior management.
Qualifications and experience
Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business Studies, Marketing, Economics, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
A good understanding and working knowledge of Microsoft programmes; including PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
Self-motivated with excellent written and verbal communication skills. This will be important as you will be working with a variety of internal and external colleagues including retailer partners, colleagues in the UK, and suppliers.
Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, coupled with the ability to think analytically and laterally.
Ability to work flexibly with outstanding time management and organisation whilst working across a number of varied tasks.
Previous experience in a retail setting is advantageous but not essential.
An interest and enthusiasm for cars and working in the automotive industry.
Why choose us?
• Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of €28,000, 23 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
• Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
• Additional Opportunities - You could have the chance to travel to our Retailer Centres, BMW Group events, and our BMW Group UK sites. You will also be able to work with colleagues at all levels of the organisation, including senior management.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the Republic of Ireland.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th January 2024