We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
• Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
• Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
As part of the BMW Financial Services B2B Commercial department, the Sales Support department comprises 4 distinct teams responsible for bid and tender responses, pricing activity across all sales channels, implementing new corporate customers, and reporting on the success of each sales channel against targets. The Commercial Steering & Insight Team is responsible for providing reporting and insight across the whole of the B2B business, and for making recommendations as to how we can ensure the ongoing success of the overall B2B business. Demonstrating a passion for data analytics, insightful reporting, and continuous improvement, we’re looking for highly organised, self-motivated individual who can demonstrate an ability to learn new skills and apply them to business situations. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of working with all areas of Sales Support and the broader Commercial team.
What will you be doing?
• Analysis of performance by sales channel, highlighting variance to targets and make innovative recommendations to optimise results.
• Creation of market and customer insight using Qlik Sense to support strategic decision making.
• Creation of actionable sales reporting using Salesforce that enables sales managers to monitor and steer their team activity.
• Assist the Commercial Steering & Insight Manager with making recommendations to develop business line strategy and budgets.
• Measure and report additional value added to BMW Financial Services and our customer base.
• To assist with challenging business decisions at a senior level by producing analysis to demonstrate the impact of strategies and forecasts.
• Act as a key contact to ensure the quality of Sales data produced by Information and Data Management.
Qualifications and experience
• Studying towards a Bachelors degree in Business Studies, Economics, Maths, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
• Relevant work experience either in analytics or the automotive industry to demonstrate your competencies would be beneficial.
• A genuine passion and interest in producing and developing analytics and reporting tools.
• Confident user of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability and desire to learn new reporting tools quickly and easily.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to use your initiative and manage your own projects/workload autonomously.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits -You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024