We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress. • Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance. • The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. • Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
We’re looking for a confident and forward thinking individual to join the Retail Performance team, responsible for delivering a clear, concise and compelling Retailer communications experience for the whole of Financial Services. Working closely with our key departments such as Marketing, Sales, New Business and Customer Services, this varied role will enable you to explore all aspects of the company. We’re seeking a keen, proactive and creative individual with strong written and verbal communication skills who is prepared to take responsibility for individual projects. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience of BMW Group as you be part of a dynamic team focused on driving performance for the Retailer Network.
What will you be doing?
This Intern role will be internally focused with the main objective of supporting key teams within the wider business that tend to feel the biggest impact from our fast-paced Group Brands business.
Provide support to the Area Managers and will have an active role in supporting the Retailer Communications strategy between internal departments and the Retailer Network.
Support website content creation and improvement of the retailer experience on the Retailer HUB, our Retailer communications portal.
Support in the organization of our Co-Lab networking event, which hosts both internal and external stakeholders, further providing the opportunity to create lasting network connections with a multitude of attending departments.
Form strong relationships with business areas to drive engagement with the Retailer HUB & to increase Retailer interaction.
Assist in the creation of new communications and regular weekly updates to drive maximum engagement with the Retailer Network.
Maintain the focus on the Customer Journey through the retailer network, ensuring it is optimised and compliant throughout. The role will provide additional front line support function through the Area Managers as back up to existing team.
Ensure alignment across the organisation (BMW Group) to ensure competing objectives are met and harmonised within the complexity of business/legacy systems' architecture.
Ensure all integrations are in line with FCA and compliance sales process.
Ensure work is high quality, undertaken efficiently and effectively, whilst adhering to BMW Group policies and frameworks.
Work closely with Retail Performance Team Development Managers, to source and provide topics for the weekly comms and produce up to date pages on the Retailer HUB.
Ensure all supporting Internal Areas are consistently displaying up to date materials, guides, documents for the Retailer to navigate easily around the HUB in order to self-serve.
Inclusion in Weekly Area Managers meetings.
Work closely with New Business teams to ensure best approach for seamless cooperation.
Establish and maintain a close working relationship with all Area Managers, New Business Operations and Customer Services.
Qualifications and Experience
· Studying towards a Bachelor's degree - preferably in Business, Marketing, Communications, English or other similar field, predicted to get a 2:2 or higher.
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – ideally Excel and Powerpoint.
· Strong numeracy and literacy with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
· A good understanding of Marketing tools is advantageous but not essential – ideally Photoshop or Camtasia.
· A self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative.
· An outgoing personality is key a you’ll be expected to interact and network with all areas of the business both within BMW Group Financial Services and also our sales colleagues in BMW Group UK.
· Enthusiastic and passionate to succeed.
· Independent and curious to learn more about the business.
· Willingness to learn and adapt.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract)and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th January 2024