BMW Group, Financial Services, Farnborough - Process & Customer Insight Specialist - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress.
• Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance.
• The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year.
• Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
BMW Group Financial Services - Farnborough – Process & Customer Insight Specialist - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
The Process & Customer Insight Specialist Intern role reports to the Process & Quality Implementation Manager within the Customer Interaction Services Department, within BMW Financial Services Operations.
The Customer Interaction Services function is a business area with the following teams: Process & Quality Implementation, Complaints (Customer & Business), Governance, Customer Support, and our Group Car Schemes.
As the Process & Customer Insight Specialist Intern, you'll be in an interesting position where you'll interact significantly with all Customer Interaction Services teams, both in-house and outsourced and will also get involved in activities which will bring you into contact with other teams from across the business, these will include finance, compliance, risk, operations, sales and IT. You will be involved with assisting in ongoing process improvement initiatives, and process reviews as well as root-cause and analytical work that will directly impact the customer journey and experience. You will also gain project management experience and will have the opportunity to delve into financial analysis to understand key cost drivers and customer insight to identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements in customer satisfaction. You will have the opportunity to present your findings to all levels of the organisation.
What will you be doing?
This internship will support the Customer Interaction Services department. The role holder will be responsible for the following tasks:
Responsible for carrying out detailed analysis of Customer Survey responses within the BMW Group Customer Insight Programme.
Prepare monthly Customer Insight reporting and commentary, appropriate for audience.
By working with internal stakeholders and third party providers, identify opportunities to enhance the Customer Insight Programme to ensure it’s continued development.
Support the Customer Insight Manager with updates/changes to the Customer Insight Programme (i.e. content of Customer Surveys, etc.) and monitor/assess the impact of any changes implemented.
Work with colleagues within the Process & Quality Implementation team (Customer Insight Manager and Process Specialists) to identify Customer Pain Points and actions for improvement to the customer experience.
Further to Customer Insight analysis, conduct root cause analysis, identify, and progress areas for improvement through to implementation via business and IT forums.
Where appropriate, support the management and implementation of Business Change Enhancements raised by and implemented in Customer Services.
Support in the creation/development of training material for in-house and outsourced Customer Interaction Services.
Any other team tasks as required and deemed appropriate for role holders personal development.
This internship would suit someone that's keen to get an overall insight of several different functions of a business and enjoys dealing with multiple stakeholders.
The applicant should be studying towards a business-related Bachelor's degree but is not a pre-requisite (on target for a 2:2 or above).
The role requires;
· Excel skills must be at an intermediate level as the role requires work with Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
· Strong communication, influencing and facilitation skills.
· Ability to adapt working approach depending on specific requirements.
· Confidence to challenge the status quo and put forward suggestions for improvement.
· Ability to work at both a detailed and high level.
· Ability to be pro-active, self-starter with a high level of initiative.
· Ability to prioritise activities, work under pressure and multi-task.
· Data analysis skills.
· Good attention to detail.
· Competent knowledge of MS Office suite (Specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
· Individual must be outgoing, inquisitive and confident with a professional approach.
· Strong numerical and reasoning skills.
· Confidence to communicate with senior management.
· Ability to work remotely from home when required.
Training on bespoke internal systems will be provided.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits -You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024