We believe in creating an environment where our placement students really can learn and develop during their time with us and where they are given their own areas of responsibilities from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to really show what you can do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress. • Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance. • The opportunity to get involved with our continued support to our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. • Throughout our offices there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
At BMW we are passionate about the world in which we operate and our HR team, along with six Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (D,E&I) employee network groups, are on a journey to educate, raise awareness and drive change on important issues such as mental health, gender, disability and more.
In this role you will join us as a member of the HR Team, based in Farnborough, which covers a wide range of topics in addition to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (D,E&I), including Learning & Development, Succession Planning, Annual Appraisal, Onboarding, Future Talent Programmes, etc.
The HR Team works closely with the other teams within the local HR Function, including Recruitment, Planning & Steering and Business Partnering, to implement processes and activities in support of the HR Strategy and Roadmap. We also work closely with other BMW Group HR colleagues worldwide to deliver UK or Global HR projects (including D,E&I).
Primarily, in this role you will part of the team implementing the D,E&I Strategy for Summit One (Farnborough). This will typically include:
· Generating D,E&I Awareness: This includes things like: creating and updating our D,E&I publicity material; organising and setting up drop-in sessions/external speaker events, and creating and editing podcasts & newsletters, to underpin the D,E&I Culture.
Maintaining our internal and external D,E&I profile: Examples include: External Benchmarking (e.g. Stonewall, Race at Work Charter, enei TIDE, etc.); employee data collection; internal D,E&I Survey; Gender Pay Gap narrative; etc.
Helping us keep on track: Working with stakeholders to identify their D,E&I budget requirements and, monitor spend on a monthly basis; remaining close to external trends; reviewing project timescales; etc.
Getting actively involved: This is your opportunity to: attend events to ensure they run smoothly; propose ideas or suggestions; research related topics; submit for external awards; be an ambassador of the D,E&I Agenda and of the HR team, internally and externally.
Gaining wider HR experience: You will be engaged with some of the wider HR topics, giving you chance to show your great teamworking skills, as well as to enhance your placement experience.
Ideally studying HR degree, or a degree in a Business or Psychology related subject, which requires or would benefit from an element of HR experience.
A passion and strong interest in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Strong MS Office skills, including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
Excellent organisation skills - of yourself and others and the ability to juggle priorities.
Strong Administration skills (or willingness to develop them quickly)
Confident to build a strong and effective network, as well as to speak up with ideas, etc.
Clear, enthusiastic and effective communicator – to various stakeholders and audiences.
A self-starter and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
High accuracy and attention to detail, as the things you produce could be seen by a large and diverse audience.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay – A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday per annum (pro rata to your contract)and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance – Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits – You will have the opportunity to enjoy access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include: online testing, video interview and then a face to face, telephone or virtual interview with the hiring manager. This may be in the form of an assessment centre.
We operate rolling recruitment, this means we may close the application window earlier than identified, if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed, and include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies, for a minimum of 6 months, after completion of this placement, and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK, if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 31st January 2024
Any further questions? Email us on FutureTalentRecruitment@bmwgroup.com