We believe in creating an environment where you, our placement student, can learn and develop during your time with us and where you are given your own areas of responsibility from the start. Our experts and mentors will treat you as part of the team from day one, encouraging you to bring your own ideas to the table and giving you the opportunity to show what you can really do.
Our Summit ONE in Farnborough is home to the National Sales Company for the BMW Group in the UK, as well as BMW Group Financial Services which offers retailers, corporate, and private customers a range of customised financial services. Alphabet (GB) Ltd. as a leading provider of Business Mobility Services is also located in Farnborough. We decided in November 2020 to bring together BMW Financial Services and Alphabet to stay relevant to our customers and continue to succeed in a rapidly changing business environment.
Within our self-contained campus, we offer a modern way of working with an empowering office culture, some aspects of which include:
• Our work persona shift – being yourself is effortless and so increases efficiency. For this reason, we allow our employees to express themselves through the way they dress. • Flexible working hours - working flexibly improves mental perspective and increases sustained productivity. This means our leaders maintain balance, not burnout, through focusing on output, not attendance. • The opportunity to get involved with our continued support of our house charity with a variety of fundraising events throughout the year. • Throughout our offices, there are open creative spaces which hold facilities such as table-tennis tables to encourage innovation and employee engagement.
BMW Group Financial Services, Farnborough - Marketing Assistant - 13 Month Placement (July 2024)
You will also be working with the award winning ALPHERA Financial Services which is the BMW-owned independent finance company, offering finance for non-BMW and MINI products. ALPHERA Financial Services is also responsible for Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Financial Services and Aston Martin Financial Services in the UK.
What will you be doing?
· Briefing BMW Group Financial Services Marketing Agencies, providing updates on existing assets or the creation of new marketing materials.
· Ensuring that all marketing material is regulatory, legal, and Corporate Identity (CI) compliant.
· Supporting creative, brand, and overall effectiveness reviews of our projects and campaigns to ensure optimum results and positive customer outcomes. This includes ensuring they have the potential to generate leads and will comply with CI standards and guidelines.
· Working closely with the Insurance Solutions and Financial Services teams in all aspects of marketing, communications, and product collaboration.
· Creating strong relationships with our partners, including attending and contributing to monthly meetings and project meetings.
· Assisting in the development of materials across all marketing channels. This will include reviewing and approving artwork and liaising with other stakeholders where needed.
· Publishing communications and bulletins for our retailer and Partner networks and maintaining content for our insurance and finance pages.
· Providing support for website content and its functionality. In addition, you will be involved in improving the Customer Journey and User Experience (UX) across websites.
· Liaising and coordinating with internal departments within BMW Group FS and external suppliers/partners as required.
· Supporting with cost centre control for budgeting, including reporting and administration.
· Supporting with event organisation and implementation.
Qualifications and experience
Studying towards a bachelor's degree in Business Studies, Marketing, or a related field and on track to achieve at least a 2:2.
A confident user of Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Strong numeracy and literacy skills where accuracy and attention to detail are key.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
A self-starter with the ability to work on their own initiative.
Enthusiastic and passionate about marketing, including the ability to identify new opportunities and trends. This may include the use of digital and social media.
An outgoing personality is essential. You will be expected to interact and network with all areas of the business both within BMW Group Financial Services and our sales colleagues in BMW Group UK. At times, you may also represent the Marketing department in meetings with other areas of the business.
The successful candidate will be a source of innovation and creativity for our business as well as a resource that will challenge our norms. Our goal is to nurture a future leader for the BMW Group.
A full UK driving license is advantageous but not essential.
Why choose us?
· Great Pay - A competitive annual salary of £21,600, 27 days holiday (pro rata to your contract), and an attractive pension scheme.
· Rewarding Work-Life Balance - Contracted working hours are 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday, helping you develop a fulfilling work-life balance.
· Exciting Additional Benefits -You will have the opportunity to enjoy other employee benefits including access to our Advantages scheme, giving you access to a range of offers and discounts, and a subsidised on-site restaurant.
What are we responsible for?
· Supporting you in your training and ensuring you settle into your role and feel welcomed.
· Working sustainably and ethically.
· Providing you with the opportunity to bring your own ideas and develop yourself.
· Ensuring you are happy with your work-life balance and feel as though your contribution to the business is being valued.
· Encouraging you to develop your soft skills such as creating working relationships, communicating effectively, delivering presentations, and gaining confidence in your own ability, supporting you in both your return to university and your future career.
What do you need to do now?
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply today using the link below.
The next stages of the recruiting process could include; online testing, a one-way video interview, and then a face to face, telephone, or virtual interview with the hiring manager.
We operate rolling recruitment. This means we may close the application window earlier than identified if sufficient applications are received, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Please ensure that you complete all of the free text questions for your application to be progressed. Please also include a role relevant cover letter, explaining why we should consider you for this position.
To be eligible for this position, you must be returning to your studies for a minimum of 6 months after completion of this placement and be able to provide proof of your legal right to work in the UK if you are not a UK passport holder.
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30th January 2024